Eric Clapton 461 Ocean Boulevard (Remastered)
LOW STOCK: Only 3 copies left
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$8.34 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$3.64 (30% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: August 20, 1996
- Originally Released: 1996
- Label: Polydor / Umgd
Q - 2/96, p.1043 Stars (out of 5) - "...closed the chapter on Clapton as guitar hero and opened a new one as a hitmaker with a more relaxed and commercial style..."
Uncut - p.1724 stars out of 5 - "[T]he 1974 album on which Clapton rediscovered the primacy of music in his life. The result was a joyous collection..."
Mojo (Publisher) - p.1194 stars out of 5 - "A form-finding set, comedown as comeback."
- $1.29 on iTunes1.Motherless Children
- $1.29 on iTunes2.Give Me Strength
- $1.29 on iTunes3.Willie And The Hand Jive
- $1.29 on iTunes4.Get Ready
- $1.29 on iTunes5.I Shot The Sheriff
- $1.29 on iTunes6.I Can't Hold Out
- $1.29 on iTunes7.Please Be With Me
- $1.29 on iTunes8.Let It Grow
- $1.29 on iTunes9.Steady Rollin' Man
- $1.29 on iTunes10.Mainline Florida
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel: Eric Clapton (vocals, guitar, dobro); Eric Clapton; Yvonne Elliman (vocals, guitar, background vocals); Carl Radle (bass guitar); Thomas Bernfeld (background vocals); Tom Bernfield (vocals, background vocals); George Terry (guitar, piano, background vocals); Albhy Galuten (piano, electric piano, clavichord, organ, synthesizer); Dick Sims (organ, keyboards); Jamie Oldaker (drums, percussion); Al Jackson, Jr. , Jim Fox (drums).
Audio Remasterer: Joseph M. Palmaccio.
Recording information: Criteria Recording Studios, Miami, FL (04/1974-05/1974).
Photographer: David Gahr.
Arrangers: Eric Clapton; Carl Radle.
After playing the 1973 Rainbow Concerts that were arranged by good friend Pete Townshend, Eric Clapton returned to Florida's Criteria Recording Studio to cut 461 OCEAN BOULEVARD. Because of a stint of personal turmoil, Clapton had not played guitar for two years preceeding the Rainbow Concerts, but with the help of a core group of musicians including George Terry, former Derek & the Dominos bassist Carl Radle, Jamie Oldaker, and Yvonne Elliman, Slowhand put together an album that many consider to be his best.
Focusing more on his singing than his guitar pyrotechnics of the past, the new, improved Clapton used a laid-back, J.J. Cale-type vocal style to great effect on a mellow version of "Willie And The Hand Jive" and Elmore James's "I Can't Hold Out." Far from being a kinder, gentler guitar hero, Clapton also showed considerable spark on a slide-drenched "Motherless Children" and the driving "Mainline Florida," which closes out the album. Of course, his cover of Bob Marley's "I Shot The Sheriff" was the musical statement that took him to the top of the charts and let the general public know he was back. 461 OCEAN BOULEVARD is still one of the highest points of Clapton's solo career.
Eric ClaptonSlowhand [Super Deluxe Ed.] (3-CD + DVD-Audio + LP)
20th Century Masters - The Millennium Collection: The Best... (CD)(20)
$4.31 Super Savings
The Ultimate Hits: The Master Plays the Blues (CD)
$12.49 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 44 ratings.
Based on 44 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
20th Century Masters - The Millennium Collection: The Best... (CD)(14)
$4.12 Super Savings
Ultimate Rock & Roll Time Capsule, Volume 3 - Disc 2 (CD)(3)
99¢ on SALE
Top ranking CD:
- Nelson Riddle & His Orchestra Hey... Let Yourself Go! / C'mon... Get Happy! (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- King Curtis Enjoy Records - The Best of King Curtis (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists WCBS FM101.1 - Motown, Soul & Great Rock 'N Roll: Soul (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Ultimate Jukebox Hits of the 80s, Volume 4 & 5 (2-CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Ultimate Rock & Roll Time Capsule - Volume 1 - Disc 4 (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE