Jorma Kaukonen River Of Time
19 copies available
|You Save:||$1.50 (10% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: February 10, 2009
- Originally Released: 2009
- Label: Red House
Down Beat - p.603 stars out of 5 -- "[I]t's a satisfying showcase of casual instrumental virtuosity featuring an abundance of finger-picking finesse in the service of songs addressing the human experience with hard-won wisdom."
Dirty Linen - p.42"[A] quietly exceptional disc....[Kaukonen] sounds happy and contented, picking and singing with laid-back warmth."
Living Blues - p.57"Trusty Gibson in hand, Kaukonen proves a master finger picker on this 12-song set of folk-blues including six originals."
- $0.99 on iTunes1.Been So Long
- $0.99 on iTunes2.There's a Bright Side Somewhere
- $0.99 on iTunes3.Cracks in the Finish
- $0.99 on iTunes4.Another Man Done a Full Go Round
- $0.99 on iTunes5.Trouble in Mind
- $0.99 on iTunes6.Izze's Lullaby
- $0.99 on iTunes7.More Than My Old Guitar
- $0.99 on iTunes8.Nashville Blues
- $0.99 on iTunes9.A Walk with Friends
- $0.99 on iTunes10.Operator
- $0.99 on iTunes11.Preachin' on the Old Campground
- $0.99 on iTunes12.River of Time
- $0.99 on iTunes13.Simpler Than I Thought
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel: Jorma Kaukonen (vocals, guitar); Teresa Williams (vocals); Larry Campbell (guitar, resonator guitar, baritone guitar, dobro, cittern, mandolin, fiddle, percussion); Barry Mitterhoff (tenor guitar, banjo, mandolin); Levon Helm, Justin Guip (drums).
Recording information: Levon Helm Studio, Woodstock, NY.
With the trademark meandering swing he brought to riffs in Jefferson Airplane and Hot Tuna, Jorma Kaukonen continues his mastery of acoustic roots music with RIVER OF TIME, his third solo outing of the '00s. Produced by Larry Campbell--famed for backing both Bob Dylan and Levon Helm--RIVER OF TIME offers a sepia-toned sampler of Kaukonen's many areas of expertise. From folk blues covers (such as Rev. Gary Davis's "There's A Bright Side Somewhere") to straighter country material (such as Merle Haggard's "More Than My Old Guitar") and from nods to his San Francisco roots (a cover of the Grateful Dead's "Operator") to his own reflective songwriting (particularly striking on the title track). Featuring both Helm and Campbell among many roots luminaries, RIVER OF TIME is another gem in Kaukonen's catalog; all longhairs should age this gracefully.
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 16 ratings.
Based on 16 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!