- Rated: R
- Run Time: 1 hours, 48 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: April 12, 2011
- Originally Released: 1996
- Label: Miramax Echo Bridge
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Memorable Quotes and Dialog:
"I got six little friends, and they can all run faster than you can."
- Seth Gecko (GEORGE CLOONEY), telling a hostage not to try getting away because he's got a gun.
Variety - 01/22/1996
"...Pulled off with lowdown flair and relentless energy....[Featuring] George Clooney's instant emergence as a full-fledged movie star..."
New York Times - 01/19/1996
"...It revels in pitch-black satire that delights in meanness and mayhem....Played with grit and no apologies by the truly dashing Mr. Clooney..."
Los Angeles Times - 01/19/1996
"...The fight sequence is an astonishing feat of craftsmanship..."
Chicago Sun-Times - 01/19/1996
"...FROM DUSK TILL DAWN is a skillful meat-and-potatoes action extravaganza with some added neat touches..."
Total Film - 12/01/2000
"...The genre-flipping works perfectly..."
A notorious pair of criminal siblings on the run from the Texas Rangers kidnap an R.V.-driving minister and his kids to get into Mexico in this schizophrenic thriller. Once across the border the unlikely caravan heads for a seedy bar that promises refuge but offers something entirely different--a horde of bloodsucking vampires! Written with flair by Quentin Tarantino.
The reptilian Gecko brothers, Richard and Seth, are headed south of the border after a gruesome killing spree. Along the way, they kidnap jaded preacher Jacob Fuller and his two teenage kids. When they arrive in Mexico, the quintet pull up to the Titty Twister, the toughest, nastiest, raunchiest biker bar on either side of the border. Unfortunately, the Titty Twister is also home to a nest of violent vampires -- who can transform an hombre into a fellow bloodsucker with just one bite. This sets the stage for the mother of all gorefests, as the Geckos, their hostages, and a few allies use their wits and endless ammo to battle the nocturnal creatures.
- An A Band Apart production in association with Los Hooligans Productions.
- Color by Technicolor.
- Released theatrically in the USA January 19, 1996. The film grossed $25.6 million domestically.
- Additional cast: Ernest Liu (Scott Fuller) and John Hawkes (Pete Bottoms).
- Additional credit: Tito & Tarantula (song performers).
- Soundtrack on Epic Soundtrax.