Stax - We'll Play The Blues For You
by Various Artists
LOW STOCK: Only 3 copies left
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$17.08 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$1.90 (10% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- by Otis Redding ~ Otis Blue / Otis Redding Sings Soul ~ $4
- Fantasy Warehouse Clearance Sale product may be specifically marked for one-way sale
- Released: August 3, 2004
- Originally Released: 2004
- Label: Stax
- 1.Albert KingAngel Of Mercy
- 2.Little SonnyBaby, Wha tYou Want Me To Do
- 3.John Lee HookerPlease Don't Go
- 4.Jimmy McCracklinJust Got To Know
- 5.Rufus ThomasBear Cat (aka Hound Dog)
- 6.Little MiltonTin Pan Alley
- 7.Joe HicksNobody Know You When You're Down And Out
- 8.Gus CannonWalk Right In
- 9.Johnnie TaylorHello Sundown
- 10.Otis ReddingSend Me Some Lovin'
- 11.Mable JohnAin't Giving It Up
- 12.Steve CropperOh, Pretty Woman
- 13.Ruby JohnsonWeak Spot
- 14.Albert KingThe Sky Is Crying
- 15.John Lee HookerGoin' To Louisiana
- 16.Little MiltonThat's What Love Will Make You Do
- 17.Little SonnyDon't Ask Me No Questions
- 18.Albert KingBlues Power
Personnel: John Lee Hooker, Albert King, Little Milton (vocals, guitar); Gus Cannon (vocals, banjo); Little Sonny (vocals, harmonica); Jimmy McCracklin, Joe Hicks, Mable John, Otis Redding, Ruby Johnson, Rufus Thomas (vocals); Ken Khristian, Eddie Willis, Willie Hampton, Leroy Emanuel, Willie James Exon, Mabon "Teenie" Hodges, Michael Toles, Steve Cropper, Bobby Manuel (guitar); Fred Ford, Andrew Love, Ed Logan (saxophone); Harvey Thompson (tenor saxophone); Mickey Gregory , Wayne Jackson, Ben Cauley (trumpet); The Mar-Keys, The Memphis Horns (horns); Allen Jones (electric piano, organ); Isaac Hayes (organ, keyboards); Ed Byers, Rudy Robinson, Ronnie Gordon, Barry Beckett, Booker T. Jones (keyboards); Ricky Holly, George Davidson, Thiotis Morgan, Al Jackson, Jr. , Phil Parker, Willie Hall, Howard Grimes (drums); Milton Roby (washboard); Donna Rhodes, Sandra Rhodes, Charles Chalmers (background vocals).
Audio Remasterer: Joe Tarantino.
Liner Note Author: Lee Hildebrand.
Recording information: Detroit, MI (06/10/1963-12/??/1973); Fillmore Auditorium, San Francisco, CA (06/10/1963-12/??/1973); Memphis (06/10/1963-12/??/1973); Paramount Recording Studios, Hollywood, CA (06/10/1963-12/??/1973); Stax Studios, Memphis (06/10/1963-12/??/1973).
Arrangers: Rudy Robinson; Aaron Willis; Joe Hicks; Allen Jones ; Al Jackson, Jr. ; Henry Bush; Steve Cropper; Willie Mitchell.
Stax was almost exclusively devoted to soul; after all, the Memphis-based label was referred to as Soulsville U.S.A. But they did have their share of blues artists on their roster, as this collection highlights. Among the 18 tracks are familiar favorites, including Albert King ("Blues Power"), John Lee Hooker ("Please Don't Go"), Little Milton ("That's What Love Will Make You Do"), and Gus Cannon ("Walk Right In"), with lesser-known tracks from Steve Cropper ("Oh, Pretty Woman"), Ruby Johnson ("Weak Spot"), and Joe Hicks ("Nobody Knows You When You're Down and Out"). We'll Play the Blues for You is an excellent sampler made even better by its 2004 remastering. ~ Al Campbell
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD)
99¢ Super Savings
WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD)
01¢ Super Savings
Top Hits of the 80s: 18 Original Hits (Wooden Gift Box) (CD)
99¢ Super Savings