Insane Times: 25 British Psychedelic Artefacts from the EMI Vaults
by Various Artists
|You Save:||$1.70 (10% Off)|
Currently Out of Stock: We'll get more as soon as possible
by T. Rex ~ The Electric Boogie 1971 (Live) (6-CD Box Set) ~ $51.29
by Various Artists ~ The Mod Scene [Deram] $9.45
by Various Artists ~ Nuggets From Nuggets: Choice Artyfacts From the First Psychedelic Era ~ $13.25
- Released: August 13, 2007
- Originally Released: 2007
- Label: EMI Europe Generic
- 1.Song for Insane Times - Kevin Ayers / Various Artists
- 2.Dandelion Seeds - July / Various Artists
- 3.Real Lfe Permanent Dream - Tomorrow / Various Artists
- 4.Hold On - Ipsissimus / Various Artists
- 5.Strange Walking Man - Mandrake Paddlesteamer / Various Artists
- 6.Towards the Skies - The Gods / Various Artists
- 7.Model Villlage - The Penny Peeps / Various Artists
- 8.Dog Presides, The - Paul Jones / Various Artists
- 9.Hurry Up John - The Idle Race / Various Artists
- 10.Last Cloud Home - Orange Bicycle / Various Artists
- 11.Is It Love?
- 12.Nightmares in Red - Brain / Various Artists
- 13.Equestrian Statue - Bonzo Dog Doo Dah Band / Various Artists
- 14.Sun Sing - Rainbow Ffolly / Various Artists
- 15.Castle in the Sky - Simon Dupree & the Big Sound / Various Artists
- 16.Monday Morning - Tales of Justine / Various Artists
- 17.Mr Commuter - Michael Proctor / Various Artists
- 18.All the World Is Love - The Hollies / Various Artists
- 19.World of You - The Aerovons / Various Artists
- 20.William Chalker's Time Machine - The Lemon Tree / Various Artists
- 21.World Spinning Sadly - The Parking Lot / Various Artists
- 22.Please Leave My Mind - Herbal Mixture / Various Artists
- 23.Barricades - The Koobas / Various Artists
- 24.Think About It - The Yardbirds / Various Artists
- 25.No Good Trying - Syd Barrett / Various Artists
Audio Remasterer: Peter Mew.
Recording information: Jackson Studios.
Arrangers: Johnny Arthey; Len Beadle; Jeff Lynne; Les Reed; Mark Wirtz; Mike Vickers; Peter Eden; Andrew Lloyd Webber .
The suitably titled Insane Times (2007) is a U.K. compilation marking the 40th anniversary of pop music's psychedelic renaissance with over two dozen obscure gems from the voluminous EMI archives. The package's chief compiler and researcher, John Reed, quickly points out in the preface to his track-by-track annotations that while a volume dedicated to EMI's tie-dyed rarities should boast Pink Floyd's "Vegetable Man," the Beatles' "Carnival of Light," and Donovan's demo of "Hurdy Gurdy Man," these known and widely bootlegged selections could not be accessed due to "contractual reasons." While those specific songs may not have yet seen the digital light of day, there are still plenty of goodies that are getting well-deserved exposure. Some, for the first time, in quite literally decades. Several of the bands found on this anthology were home (albeit briefly) to up-and-coming stars. Before joining the ranks of Yes, Steve Howe contributed to Tomorrow's sonic psychosis on "Real Life Permanent Dream." In deference to the liner notes, siblings Michael Giles and Peter Giles had yet to meet Robert Fripp when they were known as the Brain and responsible for the "Nightmares in Red" surreal pastiche of melody and dissonance. On the completely other side of the stylistic spectrum, former Yardbirds member Paul Samwell-Smith offers the dark, self-penned ballad "World Spinning Sadly." Incidentally, the Zonophone spin-off imprint is named for one of the earliest known portable turntables. It came housed in a self-contained case and was first used to demo the so-called "talking machines" in the more technologically challenged regions of the United States. ~ Lindsay Planer
Ultimate Rock & Roll Time Capsule, Volume 3 - Disc 2 (CD)(3)
99¢ on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 7 ratings.
Based on 7 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!