- Fantasy Warehouse Clearance Sale product may be specifically marked for one-way sale
- Released: July 1, 1991
- Originally Released: 1986
- Label: Fantasy
- 1.I'll Play The Blues For You (Parts 1 & 2)
- 2.Killing Floor
- 3.Honky Tonk Woman
- 4.Sky Is Crying
- 5.Breaking Up Somebody's Home
- 6.Hound Dog
- 7.That's What The Blues Is All About
- 8.Angel Of Mercy
- 9.Everybody Wants To Go To Heaven
- 10.Can't You See What You're Doing To Me
- 11.Answer To The Laundromat Blues
- 12.I Wanna Get Funky
- 13.Blues Power
Producers: Al Jackson, Jr., Henry Bush, Allen Jones, Don Nix, Donald Dunn, Albert King.
Includes liner notes by Lee Hildebrand.
Personnel: Albert King (vocals, keyboards).
Liner Note Author: Lee Hildebrand.
Recording information: Fantasy Studios, Berkeley, CA.
"The best of Albert King"? More like the best material that he happened to record for Stax between 1968 and 1973. Even that's debatable, the 13 tracks including covers such as "Honky Tonk Woman," "Sky Is Crying," and "Hound Dog." It does present a reasonable cross-section of his soul-inflected work of the period, drawing from over a half-dozen LPs and a couple of singles, though you might be as well or better off with his more focused individual titles. And for the true "best of Albert King," Rhino's Ultimate Collection remains the hands-down winner. ~ Richie Unterberger