Guitar Slim Sufferin' Mind (with Bonus Tracks)
Only 4 copies left
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$13.43 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$1.55 (10% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: May 1, 1991
- Originally Released: 1991
- Label: Specialty
Down Beat - 1/92, p.364.5 Stars - Very Good/Excellent "...Slim serves up spiky, quick-fire licks that elevated him to the front of the pack in the mid-50's R&B band movement.."
- 1.The Things That I Used To Do
- 2.Well I Done Got Over It
- 3.Story Of My Life
- 4.Letter To My Girlfriend (a.k.a. Prison Blues)
- 5.Trouble Don't Last
- 6.Later For You Baby
- 7.Bad Luck Blues
- 8.Twenty-Five Lies
- 9.Sufferin' Mind
- 10.Stand By Me
- 11.Guitar Slim
- 12.Our Only Child
- 13.Reap What You Sow (a.k.a. Bad Woman Blues)
- 14.I Want To Love-A You
- 15.Sufferin' Mind
- 16.I Want To Love-A You
- 17.Think It Over
- 19.You're Gonna Miss Me
- 20.I Got Sumpin' For You
- 21.Something To Remember You By
- 22.You Give Me Nothing But The Blues
- 23.Going Down Slow
- 24.Certainly All
- 25.Something To Remember You By
- 26.Certainly All
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel: Guitar Slim (guitar); Gus Fontenette (alto saxophone); Charles Burbank, Oett "Sax" Mallard (tenor saxophone); Clarence Ford (baritone saxophone); Roosevelt Paul Brown, Frank Mitchell (trumpet); John Gerard, Ray Charles, Lawrence Eddie Cotton (piano); Oscar Moore (drums).
Audio Remasterer: Joe Tarantino.
Liner Note Author: Jerry Wexler.
Recording information: J&M Studio, New Orleans, LA; Master Recorders, Hollywood, CA; Universal Recording Corp., Chicago, IL.
Unknown Contributor Roles: Georgia Gillfillan; Billy Vera.
Arranger: Ray Charles.
Probably the most essential of the many Guitar Slim anthologies available, 1991's SUFFERIN' MIND collects Eddie Jones' classic 1953-'55 recordings for the New Orleans-based Specialty Records label. This 26-track collection, which features a number of unreleased tracks and alternate takes, is also of interest to rhythm and blues fans because Slim's musical director/piano player at this time was Ray Charles. It's all Slim's show, though; the flamboyant guitarist and singer-who would often perform with a 100-foot lead on his guitar, walking on tables and out into the club's parking lot during an extended solo-is in complete control throughout. The classic single "Things I Used to Do" leads off the set, with tunes like "Sufferin' Mind," "Story of My Life" and the winning braggadocio of "Guitar Slim" also among the highlights.
Michael BloomfieldFrom His Head to His Heart to His Hands (Box Set) (3-CD +...
$53.70 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 15 ratings.
Based on 15 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
I Won't Cry: The Complete Ric & Ron Singles 1959-1964 (CD)
$19.74 Super Savings
Top ranking CD:
- Jimmy Buffett Down To Earth / High Cumberland Jubilee (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - The 60's, Part 1 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Sounds of The Fabulous Fifties (Limited Distribution) (3-CD Box Set) ~ $9.98 on SALE