Eddie Floyd Chronicle: Greatest Hits
LOW STOCK: Only 3 copies left
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$10.56 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$1.42 (12% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: January 29, 1991
- Originally Released: 1991
- Label: Stax
- $1.29 on iTunes1.Knock On Wood
- $0.99 on iTunes2.Raise Your Hand
- $0.99 on iTunes3.Love Is A Doggone Good Thing
- $0.99 on iTunes4.On A Saturday Night
- $1.29 on iTunes5.I Never Found A Girl (To Love Me Like You Do)
- $1.29 on iTunes6.Bring It On Home To Me
- $0.99 on iTunes7.I've Got To Have Your Love
- $0.99 on iTunes8.Don't Tell Your Mama
- $0.99 on iTunes9.Why Is The Wine Sweeter (On The Other Side)
- $1.29 on iTunes10.California Girl
- $0.99 on iTunes11.My Girl
- $0.99 on iTunes12.The Best Years Of My Life
- $0.99 on iTunes13.Blood Is Thicker Than Water
- $0.99 on iTunes14.Yum Yum Yum (I Want Some)
- $1.29 on iTunes15.Check Me Out
- $0.99 on iTunes16.Soul Street
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Producers: Eddie Floyd, Steve Cropper, Booker T. Jones, Al Bell, Dale Warren, Tom Nixon.
Digital remastering by Joe Tarantino (1990, Fantasy Studios, Berkeley, California).
Personnel: Eddie Floyd (vocals); David Porter, Isaac Hayes, Johnnie Taylor (vocals); Booker T. Jones (guitar, keyboards); Al Jackson, Jr. (drums).
Liner Note Author: Lee Hildebrand.
Arranger: Steve Cropper.
Soul Singer Eddie Floyd had the mixed fortune of recording for the famed Stax/Volt label during the Memphis studio's heyday. On one hand, he wrote songs and recorded with some of the best R&B musicians that this country has ever produced. On the other, he had to compete in the marketplace with these very same giants. And Eddie, a sturdy singer and capable songwriter, was simply no match for the earth-scorching dynamics of Otis Redding or Sam and Dave.
As CHRONICLES attests, Eddie Floyd may have been the marquee name of a lesser label. The sweet "I Never Found a Girl" rolls into a loping version of Sam Cooke's "Bring it on Home to Me." His singing style bears more resemblance to Cooke's than it does to most of his more gritty Stax peers. "Knock on Wood," co-written with Stax guitarist Steve Cropper, is a bona fide classic. Evidence of its greatness lies in the number and diversity of performers--from The Pointer Sisters to Eric Clapton--who've revived it over the years.
Johnnie TaylorLifetime: A Retrospective of Soul, Blues & Gospel,... (CD)
$25.50 Super Savings
WCBS FM101.1 - Motown, Soul & Great Rock 'N Roll: Soul (CD)(2)
$2.98 on SALE
The Complete Stax / Volt Singles, Volume 3 (1972-1975)... (CD)(13)
$96.05 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 2 ratings.
Based on 2 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
I'm the One Who Loves You: The Complete Volt Recordings (CD)
$12.35 Super Savings
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Absolute Hits - Top Hits of the 60s: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Top Hits of the 70s - Absolute Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Ultimate Jukebox Hits of the 70s, Volume 4 & 5 (2-CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Great Hits of Rock & Roll (4-CD) ~ $7.98 on SALE
- Various Artists 60s Hot Hits (3-CD) ~ $6.98 on SALE