Eddy Arnold After All These Years
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
Products with a similar style:
- Kenny Rogers / Dottie West Every Time Two Fools Collide: The Best of Kenny Rogers & Dottie West (CD) ~ $5.99
- Dottie West Greatest Hits (CD) ~ $13.25
- Don Gibson Hurtin' Inside / I Love You So Much It Hurts (CD) ~ $9.98 (Save 23%)
- Dottie West A Legend In My Time / The Sound of Country Music (CD) ~ $9.98 (Save 23%)
- Released: August 16, 2005
- Originally Released: 2005
- Label: Sony Mod - Afw Line
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel: Eddy Arnold (keyboards); Eddy Arnold; Bryan Sutton (guitar, ukulele); David Ferguson, David Ferguson (guitar); Dave Roe (double bass, electric double bass); David Roe (upright bass, electric bass); Dale Richardson, Jon Mark Ivey, Hank Martin, Martin Singer, Stephanie Hall (background vocals); Jack Clement (guitar, dobro, ukulele); Mark Howard (guitar, mandolin); Shawn Camp, Thom Bresh, Billy Burnette (guitar); Wanda Vick (dobro, mandolin, violin); Lloyd Green (dobro); Joey Miskulin (banjo, accordion); Bobby Wood, Charles Cochran (piano, keyboards); Brooks Watson (keyboards); Kenny Malone (drums, percussion).
Audio Mixers: Eddy Arnold; Jim Malloy ; Brooks Watson; David Ferguson.
Liner Note Author: Robert K. Oermann.
Recording information: The Cowboy Arms Hotel And Recording Spa.
Author: Robert K. Oermann.
Photographer: Se¤or McGuire.
Although country icon Eddy Arnold wrapped up the recording of AFTER ALL THESE YEARS on his 87th birthday, the album sounds like the work of a man decades younger. Sure, Arnold's voice is weathered with age, but this quality adds charm to his deep, rich croon. This 2005 record finds the former Tennessee Plowboy working with veteran producer Jack Clement, resulting in a warm, laid-back set of songs.
The gently swaying "Old Porch Swing" establishes the tone, with light background singing and subtle instrumentation giving way to Arnold's prominent vocals. Other highlights include the poignant "I've Been Down Some Roads" and a sauntering take on Roger Miller's "King of the Road." (The liner notes reveal that Arnold had always wanted to record the latter hit.) There are no upbeat tunes here, but ballads were always Arnold's stock-in-trade anyway, making this an album that's perfectly suited to the beloved performer.
Country Top Hits of the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s (4-CD)
$19.98 on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 10 ratings.
Based on 10 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking titles in the Country & Bluegrass genre:
- Johnny Cash Folsom Prison Blues / I Walk The Line (45) ~ $3
- Johnny Cash Original Golden Hits, Volumes 1 & 2 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Johnny Cash Sings I Walk The Line / Sings Folsom Prison Blues (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Nitty Gritty Dirt Band Buy For Me The Rain / Dance Little Jean (45) ~ $2.99 on SALE
- Merle Haggard My Favorite Memory / Big City (45) ~ $2.99 on SALE
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - The 60's, Part 1 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Top Hits of the 60s - Groovy Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Top Hits of the 70s - Absolute Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock (10-CD Set) ~ $19.98 on SALE