- Released: August 30, 2005
- Originally Released: 2005
- Label: Capitol
- 2.Love Sneakin' Up On You (With Joss Stone and Sting)
- 3.Rock and Roll Hoochie Koo (With Kenny Wayne Shepherd and Edgar Winter)
- 4.Somebody Easy My Troublin' Mind (With Same Cooke and Eric Clapton)
- 5.So Into You (With Peter Frampton)
- 6.How High The Moon (With Alsou)
- 7.Bad Case Of Lovin' You (With Billy Gibbons)
- 8.I Wanna Know You (With Neal Schon and Beth Hart)
- 9.Good News (With Jeff Beck and Sam Cooke)
- 10.Let Me Roll It (With Richie Sambora)
- 12.Good Morning Little Schoolgirl (With Buddy Guy, Keith Richards and Rick Derringer)
- 13.All I Want Is You (With Johnny Rzeznik)
- 14.69 Freedom Special (Les Paul & Friends All Star Jam)
- 15.Fly Like An Eagle (With Steve Miller)
- 16.I Love You More Than You'll Ever Know (With Joe Perry and Mick Hucknall)
Personnel: Les Paul (guitar); Les Paul; Johnny Rzeznik (vocals, guitar); Alsou, Noah Hunt (vocals); Kenny Olsen, Jeff Beck (guitar); Jim Feeley, Jim Feeling (trumpet); Dave King , Dave King (trombone); Kenneth Cummings (horns, background vocals); Marc Urselli (piano, bass guitar, programming, drum programming); Lou Forestieri (Clavinet, organ); Joseph Wooten, Future Man, Jed Leiber, Louise Forestier (keyboards); Abraham Laboriel, Sr., Will Lee , Billy Peterson (bass guitar); Gordon Knudson, Adam "LDB" Polatov, Gordy Knudsen (drums); Robert Cutarella (drum programming); Elaine Caswell (background vocals); Peter Frampton, Richie Sambora (vocals, guitar, background vocals); Steve Miller , Billy Gibbons, Buddy Guy (vocals, guitar); Edgar Winter (vocals, saxophone); Beth Hart (vocals, background vocals); Joss Stone, Mick Hucknall, Sam Cooke, Sting (vocals); Kenny Wayne Shepherd (guitar, slide guitar); Barry Goldstein (guitar, bass programming); Hiram Bullock (guitar, background vocals); Eric Clapton, Joe Perry , Keith Richards, Neal Schon, Rick Derringer, Steve Lukather, Fran Cathcart (guitar); Louis Cortelezzi (saxophone); Greg Mathieson (organ, keyboards); Brian Mitchell (keyboards); Abe Laboriel, Jr., Kenny Aronoff (drums, percussion); Shawn Pelton, Vinnie Colaiuta (drums); Daniel Moreno (percussion); Luke Ebbin (background vocals).
Liner Note Author: Steve Miller .
Recording information: Capitol Studios, Hollywood, CA; East Side Sound, New York, NY; Il Palagio, Italy; Instructo Corporation Studios, Mahwah, NJ; London, England; Sailor Studios; The Record Plant, Los Angeles, CA.
Photographer: Gene Martin.
Arranger: Kenneth Cummings.
Released in celebration of Les Paul's 90th birthday, AMERICAN MADE WORLD PLAYED pays tribute to the master guitarist and inventor who changed the face of jazz, country, blues, and rock with his recording and guitar-design innovations. While the lineup here is stellar and includes vocalists Sting, Joss Stone, and Mick Hucknall (Simply Red), and guitarists Joe Perry (Aerosmith) and Richie Sambora (Bon Jovi), among others, the album is at its best when it allows Paul to shine in an instrumental setting, as on the slinky rendition of Duke Ellington's "Caravan" and the funky "69 Freedom Special."