Chic C'est Chic
Only 7 copies left
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$12.44 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$1.55 (11% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: October 13, 1992
- Originally Released: 1992
- Label: Atlantic
Q - 9/99, p.136Included in Q Magazine's Best Happy Albums of All Time - "...the sound of the greatest party imaginable, and spelt glamour, sex with unthinkably beautiful people, fancy cocktails and always getting past the doorman....imperious classics..."
- 1.Chic Cheer
- 2.Le Freak
- 3.Savoir Faire
- 4.Happy Man
- 5.I Want Your Love
- 6.At Last I Am Free
- 7.Sometimes You Win
- 8.Bone (Funny)
Chic: Bernard Edwards (vocals, bass); Alfa Anderson, Luci Martin (vocals); Nile Rodgers (guitar); Tony Thompson (drums).
Additional personnel: Luther Vandross, Diva Grey, David Lasley (vocals); Alex Foster, Jean Fineberg (saxophone); John Faddis, Ellen Seeling (trumpets); Barry Rogers (trombone); Robert Sabino, Andy Schwartz (clavinet, acoustic & electric piano); Raymond Jones (Fender Rhodes); Sammy Figueroa (percussion); Jose Rossy (tubular bells).
The Chic Strings: Marianne Carroll, Cheryl Hong, Karen Milne.
Recorded at The Power Station, New York, New York.
Personnel: Bernard Edwards (vocals, keyboards); David Lasley, Diva Gray, Luci Martin, Alfa Anderson Barfield, Luther Vandross, Alfa Anderson (vocals); Nile Rodgers (guitar); Cheryl Hong, Marianne Carroll, Karen Milne (violin, strings); Jeanie Fineberg, Alex Foster (saxophone, horns); Ellen Seeling, Jon Faddis (trumpet, horns); Barry Rogers (trombone); Robert Sabino (piano, electric piano, Clavinet, keyboards); Andrew Barrett , Raymond Jones (keyboards); Tony Thompson (drums); Jose Rossy, Sammy Figueroa (percussion).
Recording information: Power Station Studios, New York, NY.
Photographer: Joel Brodsky.
Unknown Contributor Role: Chic Strings.
Arrangers: Nile Rodgers ; Bernard Edwards.
In the 1970s, disco was dominated by anonymous artists and flash-in-the-pan singles; which is one of many reasons why Chic towers over the era. For starters, Chic was a real band--a tight-knit quintet led by the twin lights of producers/songwriters Bernard Edwards and Nile Rodgers (also on bass and guitar, respectively). Secondly, Chic created a consistently high caliber of sophisticated dance music that fused funk's rhythmic principles with disco sheen. Between the band's debut and the release of their classic single "Good Times," Chic released C'EST CHIC.
Due largely to Edwards and Rodgers's crisp, articulate production-- which makes the band sound like the JBs on Manhattan's Upper East Side--Chic achieves a perfect cross-pollination of urban and urbane. The streamlined, minimal groove of "Chic Cheer," the album's opener, is a call to the dance floor, and Chic delivers the goods with "Le Freak," a smash single and one of the movement's defining anthems. Another dance hit, "I Want Your Love," with its tubular-bells hook, abuts smooth balladry like "At Last I Am Free." Chic replicated this record's style on subsequent releases, but never equaled its success. C'EST CHIC is a template for how disco should be done.
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 35 ratings.
Based on 35 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking titles in the R&B / Soul genre:
- Various Artists Storm Warning: Philly Original Soul Classics, Volume 1 (CD) ~ $13.95 on SALE
- Various Artists Ultimate Funk, Volume 2: 12 Funky Tracks (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- War Peace Sign (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Honey & The Bees Dynamite! (CD) ~ $13.95 on SALE
- Ellison & the Soul Brothers Funkadelphia, Volume 2: Funky Funky Way of Makin' Love (CD) ~ $13.95 on SALE
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Best of Chicago Garage Bands - The Quill Records Story (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- The Herd Very Best of I Can Fly (Featuring Peter Frampton) (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- King Curtis Enjoy Records - The Best of King Curtis (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Ultimate Jukebox Hits of the 70s, Volume 4 & 5 (2-CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE