- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 32 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: February 22, 2005
- Originally Released: 2004
- Label: Eagle Rock Ent
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen - 1.85
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - English
- Dolby Stereo - English
- Dolby Surround - English
- DTS Surround 5.1 - English
- Additional Release Material:
- Featurette: Comments from The Blind Boys
- EPK for GO TELL IT ON THE MOUNTAIN
- Music Video:
- "Higher Ground" (2002)
- "There Will Be a Light" (2004) with Ben Harper
- "Last Month of the Year"
- Chris Goldsmith on the Making of the CD
- Mavis Staples
- Aaron Neville
- Chrissie Hynde
- Robert Randolph
- Charlie Musselwhite
- Mavis Staple Rehearsal
- Aaron Neville Rehearsal
- Michael Franti Rehearsal
- Scene Access
- Interactive Menus
- "Run On"
- "Go Tell it on the Mountain" with John Medeski
- "Little Drummer Boy" with Michael Franti
- "If I Had a Hammer" with Michael Franti, Charlie Musselwhite, and Robert Randolph
- "Nobody's Fault But Mine" with Mavis Staples
- "Born in Bethlehem" with Mavis Staples and Duke Robillard
- "Joy to the World" with Aaron Neville
- "People Get Ready" with Aaron Neville
- "In the Bleak Midwinter" with Chrissie Hynde
- "Higher Ground" with Chrissie Hynde and Robert Randolph
- "Amazing Grace"
- "Look Where He Brought Me From"
- "Someone Watches Over Me"
- "Down by the Riverside" with Ensemble
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Uncut - 03/01/2005
"[T]his is gospel Vegas-style..."
Formed in 1939 at the Alabama Institute for the Negro Blind, the five-man singing group Blind Boys of Alabama purvey a stirring brand of blues-tinged gospel music marked by distinctively rich and soulful vocal harmonies. In 2003, the Blind Boys released their first Christmas album, GO TELL IT ON THE MOUNTAIN, an innovative approach to traditional holiday music that boasts genre-spanning guest appearances by Solomon Burke, Tom Waits, Chrissie Hynde, Aaron Neville, Mavis Staples, and many others. The legendary gospel troupe perform selections from GO TELL IT ON THE MOUNTAIN in this concert recorded live in December 2003 at the Beacon Theater in New York City, with special guests Hynde, Neville, Staples, John Medeski, Duke Robillard, Michael Franti, Robert Randolph, and Charlie Musselwhite.
Blues Music |
Live Concerts |
Live Performances |
Music (General) |
Music Video |
R&B / Soul |
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 3 ratings.
Be the first Movie Lover to
write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 17,422
- UPC: 801213903696
- Shipping Weight: 0.23/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item