Aretha Franklin Aretha in Paris (Live)
|You Save:||$1.40 (10% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- by Aretha Franklin ~ Aretha Now ~ $9.88
- by Aretha Franklin ~ Live At Filmore West ~ $11.12
- by Aretha Franklin ~ Soul 69 ~ $9.99 (Save 41%)
Products with a similar style:
- Stevie Wonder The Best of 20th Century Masters / Millennium Collection (CD) ~ $5.39
- Stevie Wonder Conversation Peace (CD) ~ $12.35
- Stevie Wonder The Definitive Collection (CD) ~ $8.71
- Stevie Wonder Motown Legends: I Was Made to Love Her (CD) ~ $5.97
- Released: December 13, 1994
- Originally Released: 1994
- Label: Atlantic Mod Afw
Entertainment Weekly - 12/16/94, p.68"...Recorded in 1968 at Paris' Olympia Theatre, this live set captures the Queen during her chart-topping ascendancy..." - Rating: B+
- 1.Satisfaction, (I Can't Get No)
- 2.Don't Let Me Lose This Dream
- 3.Soul Serenade
- 4.Night Life
- 5.Baby, I Love You
- 7.Natural Woman, (You Make Me Feel Like) A
- 8.Come Back Baby
- 9.Dr. Feelgood (Love Is A Serious Business)
- 10.Since You've Been Gone (Sweet Sweet Baby)
- 11.I Never Loved A Man (The Way I Love You)
- 12.Chain Of Fools
Personnel: Aretha Franklin (vocals, piano); Jerry Weaver (guitar); Miller Brisker, Donald "Buck" Waldon (tenor saxophone); David Squire (baritone saxophone); Donald Townes, Russell Conway, Ron Jackson, Little John Wilson (trumpet); Rene Pitts (trombone); Gary Illingworth (piano); Rodderick Hicks (bass); George Davidson (drums); Carolyn Franklin, Wyline Ivey, Charnessa Jones (background vocals).
Recorded live at the Olympia Theatre, Paris, France on May 7, 1968. Originally released on Atlantic (8207). Includes liner notes by David Nathan.
Personnel: Aretha Franklin (vocals, piano); Charnessa Jones, Carolyn Franklin (vocals, background vocals); Jerry Weaver (guitar); Donald Walden, Miller Brisker (tenor saxophone); Russell Conway, Ron Jackson (trumpet); Gary Illingworth (piano); George Davidson (drums).
Audio Remasterers: Daniel Hersch; Bill Inglot.
Recording information: Olympia Theatre, Paris, France (05/07/1968).
Photographer: Jim Cummins.
When Aretha Franklin overcame her fear of flying long enough to swing through Europe for a two-week tour, ARETHA IN PARIS was the brilliant by-product. This exquisite slice of Lady Soul's spectacular presence in a live setting came at a time when she was making her mark as the Queen Of Soul. Backed by a full orchestra and a trio of vocalists that included sister Carolyn, Franklin played a set consisting of material that was barely a year old.
On Willie Nelson's "Night Life," the legendary singer can be heard preaching her sorrow to the crowd (she had temporarily separated with husband Ted White that night). Regardless of any pain she may have been going through that night, Franklin's energy never flags as she rips into energetic versions of Ray Charles' "Come Back Baby" and Otis Redding's "Respect." Most impressive are renditions of her own soul classics such as "Dr. Feelgood (Love Is A Serious Business)" and "I Never Loved A Man (The Way I Love You)," both which benefit from slow build-ups and spine-tingling finales.
WCBS FM101.1 - Ultimate Christmas Album, Volume 6 (CD)(10)
$12.98 on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 8 ratings.
Based on 8 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Essential Recordings: The Great Johnny Adams Jazz Album (CD)
$8.73 Super Savings
I'm the One Who Loves You: The Complete Volt Recordings (CD)
$12.35 Super Savings
Storm Warning: Philly Original Soul Classics, Volume 1 (CD)(2)
$13.95 on SALE
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Best of Chicago Garage Bands - The Quill Records Story (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- The Herd Very Best of I Can Fly (Featuring Peter Frampton) (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- King Curtis Enjoy Records - The Best of King Curtis (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Ultimate Jukebox Hits of the 70s, Volume 4 & 5 (2-CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE