Little Feat Down On The Farm
|You Save:||$1.20 (10% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- by Little Feat ~ Dixie Chicken ~ $5.12
- by Little Feat ~ Hoy-Hoy (CD+G) ~ $11.69
- by Little Feat ~ Little Feat ~ $5.02
- by Little Feat ~ Sailin' Shoes ~ $5.12
- by Little Feat ~ Time Loves a Hero ~ $5.56
Products with a similar style:
- Released: October 25, 1990
- Originally Released: 1987
- Label: Warner Bros / WEA
- 1.Down On The Farm
- 2.Six Feet Of Snow
- 3.Perfect Imperfection
- 5.Be One Now
- 6.Straight From The Heart
- 7.Front Page News
- 8.Wake Up Dreaming
- 9.Feel The Groove
Little Feat: Lowell George, Paul Barrere (vocals, guitars); Bill Payne
(vocals, keyboards); Kenny Gradney (bass); Richard Hayward (drums); Sam Clayton (percussion, conga).
Just before this album was completed, singer-songwriter Lowell George died of a heart attack. The album was completed by the rest of the band, and was announced as the last Little Feat album, though the remaining members resumed playing as Little Feat in the late 1980's.
As Little Feat were working on their seventh studio album, Lowell George was just marginally part of the group, spending much of his time completing his solo album, Thanks I'll Eat It Here. While he was touring in support of the record, he suffered a massive heart attack and died, leaving behind an uncompleted record with Little Feat. After mourning, the band regrouped and patched together Down on the Farm, the last album of the Lowell-led era. Since George was preoccupied during the recording, it's not surprising that he only makes himself heard on occasion on the album. It's also not surprising that the group was suffering, not just from the loss of a colleague, but from a lack of direction. They were drifting on Time Loves a Hero, after all, and while this is musically a little more straightforward than that fusion-flavored affair, it still is fairly uninspired. The surfaces are very slick, as should be expected with late-'70s Californian rock, which again doesn't let the group breathe, but the real problem is that the material is just not terribly memorable. Given the circumstances surrounding the completion of Down on the Farm, it's fairly easy to forgive the band this misstep, but it doesn't make the album any less disheartening. ~ Stephen Thomas Erlewine
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 18 ratings.
Based on 18 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking titles in the Pop / Rock genre:
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - The 60's, Part 1 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Sounds of The Fabulous Fifties (Limited Distribution) (3-CD Box Set) ~ $9.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock (10-CD Set) ~ $19.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - JukeBox Giants, Volume 1 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists History of Rock - JukeBox Giants, Volume 3 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - JukeBox Giants, Volume 2 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Top Hits of the 70s - Absolute Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Afternoon Delight: 70's Romance (CD) ~ $4.98 on SALE
- Enchantment Golden Classics, Featuring "Gloria" (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE