Duke Ellington The Private Collection, Volume 01: Chicago
Hurry! Only 1 copy left Sorry no back-orders
|You Save:||$1 (10% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- by Duke Ellington ~ The Private Collection, Volume 05: New York, 1968 & 1970 ~ $13.25
- by Duke Ellington ~ The Private Collection, Volume 07: The Studio Sessions, 1957 & 1962 ~ $13.25
Products with a similar style:
- Charlie Parker Best of the Bird, Volume 2 (CD) ~ $5.97 (Save 25%)
- Released: October 25, 1988
- Originally Released: 1988
- Label: Atlantic Mod Afw
- 1.March 19th Blues
- 2.Feet Bone
- 3.In A Sentimental Mood
- 5.Jump For Joy
- 6.Just Scratchin' The Surface
- 7.Prelude To A Kiss
- 8.Miss Lucy
- 10.Satin Doll
- 11.Do Not Disturb
- 12.Love You Madly
- 13.Short Sheet Cluster
- 14.Moon Mist
- 15.Long Time Blues
Personnel: Duke Ellington (piano); Russell Procope (alto saxophone, clarinet); Johnny Hodges (alto saxophone); Jimmy Hamilton (tenor saxophone, clarinet); Paul Gonsalves (tenor saxophone); Harry Carney (baritone saxophone, clarinet); Willie Cook, Clark Terry, Ray Nance, Cat Anderson (trumpet); Britt Woodman, Quentin Jackson, John Sanders (trombone);
Jimmy Woode (bass); Sam Woodyard (drums).
Recorded between March 17 and December 16, 1956. Includes liner notes by Stanley Dance.
Personnel: Duke Ellington (piano); Russell Procope (clarinet, alto saxophone); Jimmy Hamilton (clarinet, tenor saxophone); Harry Carney (clarinet, baritone saxophone); Johnny Hodges (alto saxophone); Paul Gonsalves (tenor saxophone); Clark Terry, Ray Nance, Willie Cook, Cat Anderson (trumpet); Quentin Jackson, John Sanders, Britt Woodman (trombone); Sam Woodyard (drums).
Audio Remasterers: Giovanni Scatola; Andrew Pearce .
Liner Note Author: Stanley Dance.
Recording information: 03/17/1956-12/16/1956.
Illustrator: Nancy Stahl.
Duke Ellington, along with his frequent collaborator Billy Strayhorn, was so prolific a composer that whether or not he had an "outlet" for his music--an album for a record company--he'd record it if only to hear how it sounded! Also, some of these pieces of music were, in part or in entirety, works-in-progress, that would sometimes be "fine-tuned" at a later date. This is a great opportunity to hear Ellington & company playing for themselves--relaxed and informal, but by no means sloppy or second-rate. Note the rich, easygoing-but-with-a-swagger "Miss Lucy" or the sly, blusey, understated take on "Satin Doll." Fans or neophytes--this is a keeper!
Classic Musicals 50 Movie Pack - 12 Disc Set (12-DVD)(54)
$17.98 on SALE
The Best of the 1910 Fruitgum Company: Simon Says (CD)(17)
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 4 ratings.
Based on 4 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Satchel of Song: Clancy Hayes Private Collection, Volume 1 (CD)
$14.80 Super Savings
Top ranking titles in the Jazz genre:
- Joe "Fingers" Carr The Riotous, Raucous, Red-Hot 20s / Together For The Last Time... (With Ira Ironstrings) (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- King Curtis Enjoy Records - The Best of King Curtis (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Diane Schuur Collection (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Steve Khan Public Access (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Barney Kessel Breakfast At Tiffany's / Bossa Nova / Contemporary Latin Rhythms (2-CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE