George Benson Livin' Inside Your Love
Only 5 copies left
|You Save:||$0.41 (3% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: March 14, 1989
- Originally Released: 1989
- Label: Warner Bros / WEA
- 1.Livin' Inside Your Love
- 2.Hey Girl
- 3.Nassau Day
- 4.Soulful Strut
- 5.Prelude To Fall
- 6.A Change Is Gonna Come
- 7.Love Ballad
- 8.You're Never Too Far From Me
- 9.Love Is A Hurtin' Thing
- 10.Welcome Into My World
- 11.Before You Go
- 12.Unchained Melody
Personnel: George Benson (vocals, guitar); Mike Mainieri (vibraphone); Ronnie Foster, Greg Phillinganes, Jorge Dalto (keyboards); Earl Klugh, Phil Upchurch (guitar); Will Lee, Stanley Banks, Robert Popwell, Jr. (bass); Steve Gadd (drums); Ralph MacDonald (percussion).
Personnel: George Benson (vocals, guitar); Earl Klugh (guitar, acoustic guitar, classical guitar); Jorge Dalto (piano, Fender Rhodes piano, Clavinet, organ, keyboards); Ronnie Foster (piano, Fender Rhodes piano, keyboards, synthesizer, Moog synthesizer); Greg Phillinganes (Fender Rhodes piano, keyboards); Jack McDuff (keyboards); Mike Mainieri (vibraphone); Steve Gadd (drums); Ralph MacDonald (percussion).
Audio Mixer: Al Schmitt.
Recording information: 02/01/1977.
Photographer: Tom Bert.
Arranger: Claus Ogerman.
George Benson plays the guitar so well that jazz fans find evidence that he still cares even amidst the most disposable string- and synth-laden offerings. Case in point: while Benson would just as soon lay down his axe altogether to croon Goffin and King's "Hey Girl" on LIVIN' INSIDE YOUR LOVE, on the next cut, keyboardist Ronnie Foster's "Nassau Day," he turns around and plays with the same great tone, articulation, timing and flow of ideas he's always demonstrated.
And why should the guy live on what the average jazzman makes if they'll pay him to surround himself with strings and keep the tunes simple? Twenty years ago, fans of Benson's tough, muscular synthesis of bop, blues and post-bop ideas screamed "sellout" over his success with "On Broadway" and "This Masquerade." Today we know better, because we have another name for it--smooth jazz.
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 14 ratings.
Based on 14 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Best of Chicago Garage Bands - The Quill Records Story (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists WCBS FM101.1 - Motown, Soul & Great Rock 'N Roll: Rock 'N Roll (CD) ~ $4.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - JukeBox Giants, Volume 3 (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- The Herd Very Best of I Can Fly (Featuring Peter Frampton) (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE