Hank Thompson Greatest Songs, Volume 1
|You Save:||$0.60 (10% Off)|
Currently Out of Stock: We'll get more as soon as possible
- by Hank Thompson ~ The Best of 1966-1979 ~ $9.05
- by Hank Thompson ~ Vintage Collections Series ~ $5.35
Products with a similar style:
- Webb Pierce The Best of 20th Century Masters / Millennium Collection (CD) ~ $4.31
- Spade Cooley Shame On You (CD) ~ $4.99 (Save 37%)
- Released: February 20, 1996
- Originally Released: 1996
- Label: Curb Special Markets
- $0.99 on iTunes1.Wild Side Of Life
- $0.99 on iTunes2.Most Of All
- $0.99 on iTunes3.A Fooler Faker
- $0.99 on iTunes4.A Six Pack To Go
- $0.99 on iTunes5.Green light
- $0.99 on iTunes6.Yesterday's Girl
- $0.99 on iTunes7.Squaws Along The Yukon
- $0.99 on iTunes8.Honky Tonk Girl
- $0.99 on iTunes9.Humpty Dumpty Heart
- $0.99 on iTunes10.Find Her, Keep Her
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel: Hank Thompson (vocals, guitar).
The genius of Hank Thompson was in his ability to take his gentle Western swing roots into the realm of honky tonk, and he did it with a full awareness of the importance of presentation, dressing the part in flashy Western outfits and overseeing all aspects of his live show, right down to the lighting, and in some ways he prefigured the razzle-dazzle stage shows that so-called new country acts like Garth Brooks rode to gold in the 1990s. This brief ten-song set, the first of two such volumes from Curb Records (the two installments could have easily fit on one disc), includes his signature song "The Wild Side of Life," his first big hit "Humpty Dumpty Heart," and the still surprisingly current sounding "A Six Pack to Go." ~ Steve Leggett
Country Top Hits of the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s (4-CD)(5)
$19.98 on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 3 ratings.
Based on 3 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
WCBS FM101.1 - Motown, Soul & Great Rock 'N Roll: Soul (CD)(2)
$2.98 on SALE