- Rated: PG-13
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 1 hours, 32 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: December 19, 2000
- Originally Released: 1999
- Label: MGM (Video & DVD)
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Single Side - Single Layer
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Additional Release Material:
- Deleted Scenes
- Audio Commentary: Chris Roe - Director, 2. Richard Roe - Director
- Interviews: Julian Lennon - Musician
Performers, Cast and Crew:
"...A bright, well-shot film that celebrates bonds between sons and dads..."
New York Times - 06/12/2000
"...A likeable documentary....Chris has done a smooth job of directing..."
Los Angeles Times - 06/09/2000
"...It's a documentary made with rigor, humor and no small amount of honest emotion..."
The universal issue of father-son relationships is given a deeply compassionate treatment in this compelling documentary from Chris Roe. Focusing on a road trip between Roe and his father, Richard, the film also scans the globe to interview many more father and son pairs. The resulting insights into fatherhood are honest, heartfelt, humorous, and affecting. By the time the trip between Chris and Richard reaches its climax, POP & ME has taught everyone involved a valuable lesson about parent-child relations, audience members included.
- IN THEATRES: JUNE 9, 2000 (NY/LA)
JUNE 16, 2000 (CHICAGO/PHILADELPHIA/AUSTIN/NEW JERSEY)