- Rated: R
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 1 hours, 29 minutes
- Video: Color
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Released: August 23, 2005
- Originally Released: 1990
- Label: MGM (Video & DVD)
- Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen - 1.85
- Stereo - English
- Subtitles - English - Closed Captioning
- Subtitles - English, French, Spanish - Optional
- Additional Release Material:
- Trailers: Original Theatrical Trailer
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Premiere - 04/01/1994
Rolling Stone - 05/03/1990
"...Bold, inventive and incisively funny..."
New York Times - 05/04/1990
"...At times ingenious and unsettling....A general air of vitality and surprise..."
Three decades of American pop culture collide in this series of performance pieces from one-woman tour-de-force Bernhard, who sings, does stand-up, and adopts various satirical stage personae. Adapted from the eponymous off-Broadway show.
With her inimitable mixture of sting and sexuality, Sandra Bernhard unleashes her singing, dancing and comedic talents in this full-tilt satire.
Between tunes and even an American flag strip-tease to Prince and the Revolution's "Little Red Corvette," Bernhard mocks the abundance of pretentious people, behaviors and subcultures in America and in modern life as a whole.
Her favorite targets include rock n' roll hype, art-gallery snobs, dopey trends, Madison Avenue, Hollywood hipsters, New York phonies, glamour queens, and even astrology.
Bernhard sinks her acerbic fangs into the behemoth that is American culture -- and dares viewers to join her.