Travis Tritt The Restless Kind
|You Save:||$0.73 (5% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
Products with a similar style:
- Tracy Byrd Love Lessons (CD) ~ $6.28
- Released: August 27, 1996
- Originally Released: 1996
- Label: Warner Bros / WEA
Entertainment Weekly - 9/6/96, p.77"On his most countrified effort yet, the rebel Georgian pairs with producer Don Was for a stripped-down record that shelves the distorted Southern rock guitars for fiddles, Dobro, and spirited vocals..." - Rating: B+
- 1.Restless Kind
- 2.Still In Love With You
- 3.More Than You'll Ever Know
- 4.Draggin' My Heart Around
- 5.Helping Me Get Over You
- 6.Back Up Against The Wall
- 7.Double Trouble
- 8.Did You Fall Far Enough
- 9.She's Going Home With Me
- 10.Sack Full Of Stones
- 11.Where Corn Don't Grow
Personnel: Travis Tritt (vocals, acoustic & electric guitars); Marty Stuart (vocals, acoustic & electric guitars, mandolin, sitar); Lari White (vocals); Larry Byrom, Wendell Cox (acoustic & electric guitars); Mark Goldenberg (acoustic guitar); Michael Henderson, Reggie Young (electric guitar); Robby Turner (pedal & lap steel guitars, dobro); Mark O'Connor (mandolin, fiddle); Peter Kent, Joel Derouin, David Campbell, Suzy Katayama (strings); Jimmy Joe Ruggiere (harmonica); Marty Grebb (tenor & baritone saxophones, piano); Lee Thornberg (trumpet); Benmont Tench (piano, C-3 organ); Roy Huskey, Jr., Mike Brignardello (bass); Kenny Aronoff (drums, percussion); Sam Bacco (timpani, percussion); Herb Pederson, Portia Griffin, Myrna Smith (background vocals).
Recorded at Oceanway, Hollywood, California; Javelina, Nashville, Tennessee; Chomsky Ranch, Los Angeles, California. Includes liner notes by Don Was.
Personnel: Travis Tritt (vocals, guitar, acoustic guitar); Marty Stuart (vocals, acoustic guitar, electric guitar, mandolin, sitar); Lari White (vocals); Larry Byrom, Mark Goldenberg (acoustic guitar); Wendell Cox, Mike Henderson, Reggie Young (electric guitar); Robby Turner (lap steel guitar, dobro); Mark O'Connor (mandolin, fiddle); Joel Derouin, Peter Kent (violin); Suzie Katayama (cello); Jimmy Joe Ruggiere (harmonica); Lee Thornberg (trumpet); Benmont Tench (piano, organ); Roy M. "Junior" Husky, Roy Huskey Jr. (upright bass); Mike Brignardello (electric bass); Kenny Aronoff (drums, percussion); Sam Bacco (timpani, percussion); Myrna Smith, Portia Griffin (background vocals).
Audio Mixer: Rik Pekkonen.
Liner Note Author: Don Was.
Recording information: Chomsky Ranch, Los Angeles, CA; Javelina, Nashville, TN; Oceanway, Hollywood, CA.
Photographer: Greg Gorman.
Unknown Contributor Role: Roy M. "Junior" Husky.
All is not what it seems with this outlaw hero, whose music continues to boogie a fine line between hard country and soft rock even while his spirit continues its inevitable drift toward country tradition. THE RESTLESS KIND finds Tritt relishing those contradictions. He plays lumbering Southern boogie (the title song), Rolling Stonesy blues-rock ("Back Up Against The Wall") and even a kind of Bo Diddley beat ("Double Trouble") with all the joy of a teen-aged boy driving a car for the first time, and then turns around to offer some of the most somber country balladry he's made yet.
The whole album follows an arc from the title song, about a kid who's always on the run (while sneakily admitting "as sure as I leave...I'll be back"), to the ravaged closing ballad, "Where Corn Don't Grow," in which our now-grown-up hero looks back on his wrecked dreams and realizes he can't just wake up and start over. These are adult concerns, and THE RESTLESS KIND, in spite of its ironic title, is very much an adult album, and a bold step forward for Travis Tritt.
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 7 ratings.
Based on 7 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
The Definitive Greatest Hits: Til the Last Shot's Fired... (CD)
$17.73 Super Savings
Top ranking titles in the Country & Bluegrass genre:
- Johnny Cash Original Golden Hits, Volumes 1 & 2 (CD) ~ $6.98 on SALE
- Johnny Cash Sings I Walk The Line / Sings Folsom Prison Blues (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Johnny Cash Get Rhythm / Story Songs of Trains And Rivers (CD) ~ $5.98 on SALE
- Bob Wills Sings & Plays/In Concert (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Johnny Cash Sings The Greatest Hits / Sings The Blue Train (CD) ~ $4.98 on SALE
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Best of Chicago Garage Bands - The Quill Records Story (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- The Herd Very Best of I Can Fly (Featuring Peter Frampton) (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - JukeBox Giants, Volume 3 (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists WCBS FM101.1 - Motown, Soul & Great Rock 'N Roll: Rock 'N Roll (CD) ~ $4.98 on SALE