Larry Graham Graham Central Station
Hurry! Only 1 copy left Sorry no back-orders
|You Save:||$1.10 (10% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: 1996
- Originally Released: 1996
- Label: Warner Bros / WEA
- 1.We've Been Waiting
- 2.It Ain't No Fun To Me
- 4.We Be's Gettin' Down
- 5.Tell Me What It Is
- 6.Can You Handle It?
Graham Central Station: Larry Graham, Hershall "Happiness" Kennedy, Robert "Butch" Sam, Patryce "Chocolate" Banks, Willie "Wild" Sparks, David "Dynamite" Vega.
Personnel: Larry Graham (vocals, guitar, piano, Clavinet, organ, drums, percussion, background vocals); Patryce Banks (vocals, electric guitar, drums, background vocals); Hershall Kennedy (vocals, trumpet, Clavinet, wind, background vocals); Robert Sam (vocals, piano, organ, keyboards, background vocals); Willy Sparks (vocals, drums); Lenny Williams (vocals); David Vega, Freddie Stone, Freddie Stewart (guitar); P. Caboose (tenor saxophone); Milt Holland (percussion).
Audio Mixers: Lee Herschberg; Tom Flye.
Recording information: Record Plant, Sausalito, CA; The Record Plant, Sausalito, CA; Wally Heider, San Francisco, CA; Warner Bros. Studios, North Hollywood, CA.
Photographer: Herbert Greene.
Arrangers: Freddie Stone; Larry Graham.
Texas-born bassist Larry Graham changed the face of funk forever when he pioneered the thumb-slapping electric bass technique during his late-'60s tenure with Sly & the Family Stone. Subsequently, he set off on his own, starting Graham Central Station with ex-members of Hot Chocolate (of "You Sexy Thing" fame). GRAHAM CENTRAL STATION should strike a familiar chord with Sly Stone fans, as its all-in-the-family brand of greasy, progressive funk has much in common with Graham's former employer. Graham puts his thumb-popping style to good use on groove-centered tunes such as "Hair" and the Al Green R&B workout "It Ain't No Fun to Me." On "We Be's Gettin' Down," the interaction of the guitar, keyboards, and polyrhythmic percussion suggests the hazy, heady Sly of THERE'S A RIOT GOIN' ON. The ensemble vocals on "Tell Me What it Is" and the opener "We've Been Waiting" contribute further to the group aesthetic that was also at the heart of Sly's finest work.
The Best of Larry Graham & Graham Central Station, Volume 01 (CD)(17)
The Jam: The Larry Graham & Graham Central Station... (CD)(12)
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 26 ratings.
Based on 26 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
The Best of the 1910 Fruitgum Company: Simon Says (CD)(17)
Somebody's Been Sleeping / 100 Proof Aged In Soul [Import] (CD)(2)
$11.12 Super Savings
20th Century Masters: The Millennium Collection: Best of Atl (CD)(11)
$8.84 Super Savings
Top ranking titles in the R&B / Soul genre:
- Ike & Tina Turner Golden Classics (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists WCBS FM101.1 - Motown, Soul & Great Rock 'N Roll: Soul (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists WDAS 105.3FM - Classic Soul Hits, Volume 4 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Ernestine Anderson New Sound Of (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Jo Armstead Stone Good Lover - A Golden Classics Edition (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Absolute Hits - Top Hits of the 60s: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Top Hits of the 80s: Groovin' Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Ultimate Rock & Roll Time Capsule, Volume 3 - Disc 2 (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Ultimate Rock & Roll Time Capsule, Volume 2 - Disc 1 (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Ultimate Rock & Roll Time Capsule, Volume 4 - Disc 2 (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE