Dwight Yoakam A Long Way Home
|You Save:||$0.73 (5% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: June 15, 1998
- Originally Released: 1998
- Label: Warner Bros / WEA
Rolling Stone - 8/6/98, p.713.5 Stars (out of 5) - "...Yoakam repledges his troth to the classic country & western that originally fueled his fire....more eloquent and personal than any of his previous efforts....a blue-ribbon hybrid of honky-tonk pastiche and reflective country soul."
Entertainment Weekly - 6/12/98, p.79"...Yoakam turns in a fresh, dynamic set, updating his trademark Bakersfield-does-L.A. sound without sacrificing his honky-tonk roots..." - Rating: A-
- 1.Same Fool
- 2.The Curse
- 3.Things Change
- 4.Yet To Succeed
- 5.I Wouldn't Put It Past Me
- 6.These Arms
- 7.That's Okay
- 8.Only Want You More
- 9.I'll Just Take These
- 10.A Long Way Home
- 12.Traveler's Lantern
- 13.Maybe You Like It, Maybe You Don't
Personnel includes: Dwight Yoakam (vocals, acoustic guitar); Pete Anderson (acoustic, electric & lap steel guitar, hand claps, finger snaps); Dean Parks (acoustic guitar); Marty Rifkin (pedal steel, dobro); Ralph Stanley (banjo, background vocals); Scott Joss (fiddle); Skip Edwards (keyboards); Taras Prodaniuk (bass); Charles Domanico (upright bass); Jim Christie (drums); Tempo (percussion); Tommy Funderburk, Beth Andersen, Bonnie Bramlett Sheridan, Jim Lauderdale, Carl Jackson (background vocals).
Personnel: Dwight Yoakam (vocals, acoustic guitar); Ralph Stanley (vocals, banjo, background vocals); Beth Andersen, Bonnie Sheridan, Jim Lauderdale, Tommy Funderburk, Carl Jackson (vocals, background vocals); Pete Anderson (acoustic guitar, electric guitar, lap steel guitar, hand claps); Dean Parks (acoustic guitar); Marty Rifkin (dobro); Scott Joss (fiddle); Skip Edwards (piano, Wurlitzer organ, keyboards); Chuck Domanico (upright bass); Jim Christie (drums); Tempo (percussion).
Audio Mixers: David Leonard ; Judy Clapp.
Recording information: Board Room, Nashville, TN; Mad Dog Studios, Burbank, CA.
Photographers: Randee Saint Nicholas; Linda Cobb.
Unknown Contributor Role: Murray Adler.
Arranger: Pete Anderson.
Early in his career, Yoakam might have come off as modern-day Buck Owens (a tag he certainly did nothing to discourage), practicing a contemporary variant on the Bakersfield sound. As he released album after album of classic country tunes full of the kind of barnstormers and ballads that would've made Uncle Buck proud, though, it became plain that Yoakam was an institution unto himself. On A LONG WAY HOME, he continues to do what he's done for years; make eloquent, intelligent, exciting country music, with the help of longtime producer/right-hand man Pete Anderson.
Yoakam can deliver a bitterly clever lyric like no one else, a fact borne out by "The Curse" and "Things Change." He can also inject some foot-stomping rock & roll into the proceedings, as on the closing rave-up "Maybe You Like It, Maybe You Don't." LONG WAY HOME serves to prove that the Yoakam name is the equivalent of a stamp that reads, "aesthetic quality guaranteed."
Wild Horses-A Rock & Roll Tribute To The Rolling Stones (CD)
$3.98 on SALE
Out of StockSave for Later
Return to Sin City - A Tribute to Gram Parsons (DVD)
$8.98 on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 46 ratings.
Based on 46 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking titles in the Country & Bluegrass genre:
- Johnny Cash Original Golden Hits, Volumes 1 & 2 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Johnny Cash Sings I Walk The Line / Sings Folsom Prison Blues (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- George Jones / Tammy Wynette Golden Ring / Near You (45) ~ $2.99 on SALE
- Johnny Cash Folsom Prison Blues / I Walk The Line (45) ~ $2.40 LABOR DAY
- The Browns Complete As & Bs and More 1954 - 62 (CD) ~ $14.22 LABOR DAY
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Sounds of The Fabulous Fifties (Limited Distribution) (3-CD Box Set) ~ $8.48 LABOR DAY
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Jimmy Buffett Down To Earth / High Cumberland Jubilee (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - JukeBox Giants, Volume 1 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE