- Rated: R
- Run Time: 1 hours, 36 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: April 16, 2002
- Originally Released: 1988
- Label: MGM (Video & DVD)
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Single Side - Dual Layer
- Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen - 1.85
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Aspect Ratio: Letterbox - 1.85
- Dolby Digital Mono - English
- Additional Release Material:
- Trailers: Original Theatrical Trailer
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Los Angeles Times - 11/23/1988
"...Bozzone has fun with these characters, dealing, in an exaggerated way, with flawed people, real problems, bent and skewed situations....The actors all respond lustily..."
Floyd and Louise are an unusual couple, with unusual friends, unusual employees, unusual relatives, and an unusual way - of doing business. They are wild, unpredictable, and a little bit nuts. Just like the rest of us.
Floyd has been miserable ever since his wife mysteriously disappeared a year ago. He runs a dilapidated restaurant-bar called the Blue Water Grille on the Gulf Coast of Texas and refuses to move on with his existence. Among the unusual people in Floyd's life are: The General, his senile, wheelchair-bound father-in-law; Louise, a school bus driver in love with Floyd; and Jimmy, a mentally troubled young man who watches over The General. When a plan is hatched to swindle Floyd out of his land, Louise lets him know what's going on. But can he put the past behind him now to save his saloon'
Family Interaction |
- A Turman-Foster Co. production.
- Shot on location on the Gulf Coast of Texas, in Panavision. Color by Technicolor.
- Released theatrically in New York City November 23, 1988.