Rush Counterparts (Remastered)
LOW STOCK: Only 2 copies left
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$15.53 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$2.46 (14% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: August 31, 2004
- Originally Released: 2004
- Label: Atlantic
Entertainment Weekly - 10/29/93, p.74"...COUNTERPARTS is [Rush's] leanest, tightest effort in ages..." - Rating: B-
Q - 12/93, p.1223 Stars - Good - "...There's enough virtually great stuff [on COUNTERPARTS] to turn that sneer into a low whistle of praise..."
- 2.Stick It Out
- 3.Cut To The Chase
- 4.Nobody's Hero
- 5.Between Sun & Moon
- 6.Alien Shore
- 7.The Speed Of Love
- 8.Double Agent
- 9.Leave That Thing Alone
- 10.Cold Fire
- 11.Everyday Glory
Rush: Geddy Lee (vocals, bass, synthesizer); Alex Lifeson (acoustic & electric guitars); Neil Peart (drums, electronic percussion).
Additional personnel: Michael Kamen (conductor); John Webster (keyboards).
Principally recorded at McClear Pathe, Toronto, Canada from April to June 1993.
"Leave That Thing Alone" was nominated for a 1995 Grammy Award for Best Rock Instrumental Performance.
Rush: Geddy Lee (vocals, synthesizer, bass guitar); Alex Lifeson (acoustic guitar, electric guitar); Neil Peart (drums, cymbals, electronic percussion).
Reuniting with POWER WINDOWS/HOLD YOUR FIRE producer Peter Collins, Rush released their fifteenth studio album (and nineteenth overall). During its recording, guitarist Alex Lifeson wanted the album to be more hard rock-oriented, while bassist Geddy Lee was content with their recent excursions in melodic pop. Lifeson must have won the battle, because COUNTERPARTS is a harder-rocking affair than Rush's previous several albums. It's also the strongest and most consistent set of songs the band had composed in a while, with a grittier feel (an element sorely missed by fans of the band's 1970s work).
COUNTERPARTS contains at least one track that deals with a topical issue (as in 1989's anti-suicide "The Pass," etc.)--"Nobody's Hero" is Rush's analysis of the AIDS situation. But not all of the tracks were conceived as lyrical epics; the opening "Animate" and "Stick It Out" delight in the strength of the band's re-discovered hard rock chops. And while the sheer force of "Cut To the Chase" serves as the track's catalyst, the band's pop sensibilities come back into play on the album's closer, "Everyday Glory." COUNTERPARTS is Rush's greatest work of the '90s.
Classic Albums: 2112 / Moving Pictures (DVD + Blu-Ray +...
$9.98 on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 155 ratings.
Based on 155 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
20th Century Masters - The Millennium Collection: The Best... (CD)
$4.77 Super Savings
Top ranking titles in the Pop / Rock genre:
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock (10-CD Set) ~ $19.98 on SALE
- Various Artists KFRC 99.7FM - Motown, Soul & Rock 'N Roll: Rock 'N Roll (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Summer Hits: 47-Song Collection (3-CD) ~ $8.98 on SALE
- Various Artists WJMK 104.3 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 60s (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
Top ranking CD:
- Johnny Cash Original Golden Hits, Volumes 1 & 2 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- The Isley Brothers Shout! (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Burl Ives The Best of Little Bitty Tear (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Top Hits of the 80s: 18 Original Hits (Wooden Gift Box) (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Country Top Hits of the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s (4-CD) ~ $19.98 on SALE