Bill Cosby Cosby And The Kids
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Clearance CDs with the ZHUS prefix may be specifically marked for one-way sale
- Released: March 1, 2005
- Originally Released: 2005
- Label: Rhino
- 1.Fat Albert (Buck, Buck)
- 2.Old Weird Harold (9th Street Bridge)
- 4.Street Football
- 5.To Russell, My Brother, Whom I Slept With
Personnel: Bill Cosby (vocals); Bill Cosby (spoken vocals).
Photographer: Howard Bingham.
As far as Cosby compilations go, the thing Cosby and the Kids does very right is present the tracks unedited, important since the comedian's languid reflections on his childhood are best left untouched. Yep, this is Cosby talking about his childhood for an adult audience, not Cosby talking to children, as the crayon-scrawled cover might suggest. First released when his television show was on top, Cosby and the Kids was originally coupled with the not reissued Cosby Classics in a two-cassette set. Cosby Classics' track listing is too close to his Best Of collection to warrant a reissue, but the fact that Cosby and the Kids is the lone compilation of his ten-minutes-and-over cuts makes it worthy, besides hilarious. Too bad Rhino put no effort into their 2005 reissue. There are no liner notes and there's still that "Cosby sweater" the man is wearing on the cover, still disguising these '60s recordings as '80s recordings. Shabby packaging till the day it dies, but with five prime routines no matter how you dress them. Do yourself a favor and grab the original albums, where the sequencing is much smoother. If your wallet doesn't allow it, Best Of and Cosby and the Kids give you a good representation of the man's early work. ~ David Jeffries
For Love of Liberty: The Story of America's Black Patriots (DVD)(4)
$4.98 on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 6 ratings.
Based on 6 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Best of Chicago Garage Bands - The Quill Records Story (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- The Herd Very Best of I Can Fly (Featuring Peter Frampton) (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - JukeBox Giants, Volume 3 (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- King Curtis Enjoy Records - The Best of King Curtis (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE