- Rated: R
- Run Time: 1 hours, 30 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: September 17, 2002
- Originally Released: 1988
- Label: MGM (Video & DVD)
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen - 1.85
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Aspect Ratio: Letterbox - 1.85
- Dolby Digital Mono - English
- Additional Release Material:
- Trailers: Original Theatrical Trailer
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Variety - 06/03/1987
"...HIGH SEASON is one of those picture-postcard films; it looks marvelous..."
Los Angeles Times - 05/12/1988
"...It's no wonder HIGH SEASON works so well, for it has been made by people of distinction and accomplishment, starting with Bisset and with Peploe....There's an easy naturalness in the cinematography of Chris Menges..."
Katharine is a talented photographer living on an idyllic Greek island. Unfortunately, the only thing that's clicking is her camera, until she finds herself surrounded by crazies, spies, smugglers, love-sick tourists, a teenage daughter and an ex-husband.
A famous photographer, while vacationing with her daughter in Greece, gets involved with the exploits of her ex-husband and spies masquerading as tourists.
- Screen debut for actor/director Kenneth Branagh. He made two films in 1987, the other being "A Month in the Country." "High Season" was produced first.
- The film is a Forever Films/Marlie Production.
- Additional financing by the National Film Development Fund and British Screen Finance.
- Additional cast: Geoffrey Rose (Thompson) and Paris Tselios (Yanni).
- Additional credits: Dimitri Dimitriadis (production supervisor), Damson Studios (titles and opticals), and Paul Derrick (main title design)
- Copyright 1987 Hemdale Releasing Corporation.