Merle Haggard Best of The Early Years
|CYBER SALE:||$9.06 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$0.92 (9% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: February 1, 1991
- Originally Released: 1994
- Label: Curb Mod Afw
- 1.The Legend Of Bonnie And Clyde
- 2.Today I Started Loving You Again
- 3.I Threw Away The Rose
- 4.Strangers, (My Friends Are Gonna Be)
- 5.Someone Told My Story
- 6.I'm Gonna Break Every Heart I Can
- 7.Sam Hill
- 8.Killers Three Theme
- 9.Street Singer
- 10.Jesus, Take A Hold
- 11.I Can't Be Myself
- 12.Sidewalks Of Chicago
Merle Haggard burst onto the national country scene in 1965 with the Top Ten hit "(My Friends Are Gonna Be) Strangers)." Over the next five years, Haggard's music slowly evolved, shifting its focus from heartbreak songs and barroom weepers to social issues and his own troubled spirit. BEST OF THE EARLY YEARS gathers ten tracks from this period, showing how quickly Haggard mastered each of these genres.
As a singer, Haggard has always had the ability to convey a deep sadness, and he uses this talent to great effect in his tales of jilted lovers "(My Friends Are Gonna Be) Strangers," and "Someone Told My Story." That same sadness shines through in his songs about wanderers ("Sidewalks Of Chicago"), drunkards ("I Threw Away The Rose") and despair ("I Can't Be Myself," "Jesus, Take A Hold"). Haggard's versatility also allows him to tackle comic songs ("Sam Hill"), historical narrative ("The Legend Of Bonnie And Clyde") and songs of deep tenderness ("Today I Started Loving You Again"). EARLY YEARS provides a solid, inexpensive introduction to Haggard's first successful efforts in country. Those seeking a more extensive overview might consider Razor and Tie's THE LONESOME FUGITIVE.
Waylon JenningsToo Dumb For New York City, Too Ugly For L.A. (CD) View Details
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 2 ratings.
Based on 2 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Jacksonville City Nights [Australian Bonus Track] (CD)
$12.35 CYBER SALE
Top ranking titles in the Country & Bluegrass genre:
- Johnny Cash Original Golden Hits, Volumes 1 & 2 (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER SALE
- Johnny Cash Get Rhythm / Story Songs of Trains And Rivers (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER SALE
- Johnny Cash Sings I Walk The Line / Sings Folsom Prison Blues (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER SALE
- Johnny Cash Sings The Greatest Hits / Sings The Blue Train (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER SALE
- Charlie Rich Early Years / The Memphis Sound (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER SALE
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER SALE
- Various Artists Top Hits of the 60s - Groovy Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER SALE
- Various Artists WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER SALE
- Various Artists Top Hits of the 70s - Absolute Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - The 60's, Part 1 (CD) ~ $5.98 CYBER SALE