Hard to Find 45s on CD, Volume 10: 1960-1965
by Various Artists
LOW STOCK: Only 3 copies left
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$14.76 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$3.22 (18% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
by Various Artists ~ Doo Wop 45s On CD, Volume 1
by Various Artists ~ Hard to Find 45's on CD, Volume 2: 1961-64 $19.68
by Various Artists ~ Hard to Find 45s on CD, Volume 7: 60's Classics $14.76
by Various Artists ~ Hard to Find 45s on CD, Volume 11: Sugar Pop Classics
by Various Artists ~ WOGL Oldies 98.1FM - Philly Favorites
- Released: April 17, 2007
- Originally Released: 2007
- Label: Eric
- 1.Venus in Blue Jeans - Jimmy Clanton
- 2.Sacred - Castells
- 3.Enamorado - Keith Colley
- 4.Talk To Me - Sunny & Sunglows
- 5.Cherry Pie - Skip & Flip
- 6.Stop and Think It Over - Dale & Grace
- 7.Little Band of Gold - James Gilreath
- 8.That Stranger Used To Be My Girl - Trade Martin
- 9.It Hurts To Be Sixteen - Andrea Carroll
- 10.Baby Blue - Echoes
- 11.(There Was A) Tall Oak Tree - Dorsey Burnette
- 12.So This Is Love - Castells
- 13.Take Good Care of Her - Adam Wade
- 14.There She Goes - Jerry Wallace (Stereo)
- 15.Mission Bell (Original Version) - Donnie Brooks (Original Version CD Debut)
- 16.Comin' Down With Love - Mel Gadson (CD Debut)
- 17.Mountain of Love - Harold Dorman
- 18.If You Gotta Make A Fool of Somebody - James Ray (Rare On CD)
- 19.Heartbreak (It's Hurtin' Me) - Jon Thomas (CD Debut)
- 20.Ruby Duby Du - Tobin Mathews (CD Debut)
- 21.Misery - The Dynamics (CD Debut)
- 22.She's About A Mover - Sir Douglas Quintet (First - Time Ever Stereo on CD!)
- 23.Roses Are Red My Love - The You - Know - Who Group! (Stereo) (CD Debut)
- 24.One Has My Name (The Other Has My Heart) - Barry Young (Stereo) (CD Debut)
Audio Mixer: Mark Matthews.
Liner Note Author: Greg Adams .
Recording information: 1960-1965.
These Hard to Find '45s collections from Eric records are flat-out great. They are crazy good, and Vol. 10: 1960-1965 is no exception. In typical Eric style, the songs on Vol. 10 range from the good to the great, and the extensive liner notes make for absolutely fascinating reading. From crooner Adam Wade's decision to drop a career in biochemistry to pursue singing and acting, to the rumor that Barry Young sounded so much like Dean Martin that Dino used his considerable Ratpack power to squelch Young's career before it had a chance to really take off, the liner notes are so much fun that they hold equal entertainment value with the music. That's a high compliment, too, since the music here is so darn good. Andrea Carroll's achingly cute "It Hurts to Be Sixteen," Dorsey Burnette's goofily religious "There Was A (Tall Oak Tree)," Harold Dorman's own take on his mega-hit (for everyone else) "Mountain of Love," James Ray's sweet and swaggering "If You Gotta Make a Fool of Somebody" and Detroit's Dynamics' exuberant roof-raiser "Misery" are all fantastic and absolutely required listening. All of the tunes have been lovingly remastered and sound better here than anywhere else. Kudos to the folks at Eric for taking the time and care to present these songs in the best possible light. Indispensable. ~ J. Scott McClintock
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 17 ratings.
Based on 17 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Ultimate Rock & Roll Time Capsule, Volume 3 - Disc 2 (CD)(3)
99¢ on SALE