- Released: September 18, 1990
- Originally Released: 1994
- Label: Curb Records
- 1.Zing! Went The Strings Of My Heart
- 2.The Trolley Song
- 3.Meet Me In St. Louis, Louis
- 4.On The Atchison, Topeka And The Santa Fe
- 5.You Made Me Love You
- 6.Over The Rainbow
- 7.I Can't Give You Anything But Love
- 8.April Showers
- 9.When You're Smiling (The Whole World Smiles With You)
- 12.Rock-A-Bye Your Baby With A Dixie Melody
Not many have endeared themselves to millions the way Judy Garland did; just a few icons occupy a similar, lonely pedestal. The 12 recordings here make up some of her most mythic masterpieces; while some are less well known, all of them contain her quintessential magic.
The tracks range from her teenage performances ("You Made Me Love You") to the comparatively mature work of her concert performances ("Swanee"). Classics like "The Trolley Song" glow with Garland's flawless voice. Her emotions flow freely in all her works, but are ever more apparent in later recordings. 1955's re-recording of "Over the Rainbow" is profound as she gasps and cries through her climactic signature tune.