- Rated: R
- Run Time: 1 hours, 36 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: April 16, 2002
- Originally Released: 1988
- Label: MGM (Video & DVD)
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Single Side - Dual Layer
- Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen - 1.85
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Aspect Ratio: Letterbox - 1.85
- Dolby Digital Stereo 2.0 - English
- Additional Release Material:
- Trailers: Original Theatrical Trailer
Performers, Cast and Crew:
In the twilight of the 1960s, Scott and Ralph, two college kids from a stuffy, upper-middle class suburban town, decide to spend the summer on the road, living out of their van and experiencing all the freedom the counterculture has to offer. Family conflicts and the harsh realities of the war in Vietnam, however, interfere with their idyll. Scott's older brother, who Scott self-rightously criticized for going to war, is reported missing in action. Then Ralph is arrested for stealing his file from the draft board to avoid duty. Before their "last summer of innocence" is over, Scott and Ralph learn that there's more to being radicals than just drop out and tuning in.
Family Interaction |
- Rated BBFC 15 by the British Board of Film Censors.
- Filmed on location in Atlanta, Savannah, Statesboro and Tybee Island, Georgia, using CFI color.
- Began shooting Novemember 9, 1987. Released in the USA November 18, 1988. Released on video July 26, 1989.
- Directorial debut for screenwriter Ernest Thompson ("On Golden Pond").