- Rated: Not Rated
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 1 hours, 41 minutes
- Video: Color
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Released: December 20, 2005
- Originally Released: 1976
- Label: MGM (Video & DVD)
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Mono - English
- Subtitles - English - Closed Captioning
- Subtitles - English, French - Optional
Performers, Cast and Crew:
The shocking true-life tragedy of the 1972 twentieth Olympiad when athletes from around the world convened in Munich and laid aside their political differences. But a group of Arab terrorists brought their Holy War across the continents and took Israeli athletes hostage.
Based on the true story of terrorism striking at the 1972 Olympics in Germany, this film does not spare viewers the violence and intensity of the real event.
A Munich police chief learns that during the games a group of Palestinian extremists have kidnapped members of the Israeli team. With the help of a brave policewoman, the cops negotiate with the terrorists in an attempt to buy time until the authorities can devise a rescue plan.
As time ticks away, the skirmishes escalate into gunplay and ultimately, bloodshed, with the athletes caught in the crossfire.
Made-For-Network TV |
Theatrical Release |
- Based on the book, "The Blood of Israel."
- Aired originally as an ABC Sunday Night Movie, November 1976.
- Produced by Filmways and Moonlight Productions.
- Shot on location in Munich, Germany.
- Additional cast: Georg Marischka and Martin Gilat.
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 9 ratings.
Be the first Movie Lover to
write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 9,086
- UPC: 027616130372
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item