Stevie Nicks Bella Donna
|You Save:||$0.19 (4% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: October 25, 1990
- Originally Released: 1983
- Label: Atlantic
- 1.Bella Donna
- 2.Kind Of Woman
- 3.Stop Draggin' My Heart Around
- 4.Think About It
- 5.After The Glitter Fades
- 6.Edge Of Seventeen
- 7.How Still My Love
- 8.Leather And Lace
- 9.Outside The Rain
- 10.The Highwayman
Personnel includes: Stevie Nicks (vocals); Tom Petty (guitar, background vocals); Waddy Watchel, Michael Campbell, Don Felder (guitar), Davey Johnson (acoustic guitar); Dan Dugmore (pedal steel guitar); Bill Elliott, Roy Bittan, Bill Payne (piano); Benmont Tench (organ, piano); David Adelstein (synthesizer); Tom Moncrieff, Duck Dunn, Bob Glaub (bass); Stan Lynch, Russ Kunkel (drums); Bobbye Hall, Phil Jones (percussion); Sharon Celani, Lori Perry (background vocals).
Engineers include: Shelly Yakus, Don Smith, Thom Panunzio.
Personnel: Stevie Nicks (vocals); Tom Petty (vocals, guitar); Don Henley (vocals, drums); Sharon Celani, Lori Perry (vocals); Davey Johnstone , Don Felder, Richard Wachtel, Mike Campbell , Waddy Wachtel (guitar); Dan Dugmore (steel guitar); Benmont Tench (piano, organ, keyboards); Roy Bittan, Bill Elliott, Bill Payne (piano); David Adelstein (synthesizer); Russ Kunkel, Stan Lynch (drums); Phil Jones, Bobbye Hall (percussion).
Recording information: Goodnight L.A; Record One; Studio 55.
Following up strong on the weak sales and confused reviews of Fleetwood Mac's misunderstood experimental extravaganza, TUSK, was Stevie Nicks's first solo album, BELLA DONNA. The 1981 record featured two smash singles, "Edge of Seventeen" and the Tom Petty duet "Stop Draggin' My Heart Around," that reaffirmed that the Arizona native was one of the biggest female stars of the era. The surprising thing, given Nicks's fairly limited songwriting role in Fleetwood Mac, is that the entire album is start-to-finish solid, particularly the spectral ballad "After the Glitter Fades" and the striking title track. Recorded with the help of Petty's Heartbreakers and members of Bruce Springsteen's E Street Band, and produced by Jimmy Iovine, BELLA DONNA has a more rock-oriented sound than Fleetwood Mac's wispy California soft pop, and Nicks sings in a tougher, less self-conscious voice, adding unexpected heft to her diaphanous image.
Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers - Runnin' Down A Dream... (DVD)
$20.07 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 97 ratings.
Based on 97 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Campfire Songs: The Popular, Obscure & Unknown Recordings... (CD)
$19.60 Super Savings
Top ranking titles in the Pop / Rock genre:
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock (10-CD Set) ~ $19.98 on SALE
- Various Artists KFRC 99.7FM - Motown, Soul & Rock 'N Roll: Rock 'N Roll (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Summer Hits: 47-Song Collection (3-CD) ~ $8.98 on SALE
- Yes Acoustic: Guaranteed No Hiss (DVD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
Top ranking CD:
- Burl Ives The Best of Little Bitty Tear (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Johnny Cash Original Golden Hits, Volumes 1 & 2 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - JukeBox Giants, Volume 1 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Country Top Hits of the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s (4-CD) ~ $19.98 on SALE
Jan & Dean Greatest Hits (CD) ~
$5.35 Super Savings