|You Save:||$1.50 (10% Off)|
- Rated: R
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 2 hours, 7 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: February 29, 2000
- Originally Released: 1988
- Label: MGM (Video & DVD)
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Aspect Ratio: Letterbox - 1.85
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 1.85
- Additional Release Material:
- Trailers: Theatrical Trailer
- Additional Products:
- Collectible Booklet
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Debra Winger & Tom Berenger|
|Performer:||John Heard, John Mahoney, Betsy Blair, Ted Levine, Jeffrey DeMunn, Albert Hall, David Clennon & Richard Libertini|
|Edited by||Joële Van Effenterre|
|Screenwriting by||Joe Eszterhas|
|Composition by||Bill Conti|
|Produced by||Irwin Winkler|
|Director of Photography:||Patrick Blossier|
- Shot in Astro color. Greg Lundsgaard was the Director of Photography for the Chicago sequences.
- The film's opening sequence was apparently inspired by the murder of Denver radio talk-show host Alan Berg, who was gunned down in his driveway by a group of white supremacists in the summer of 1984. See also "Talk Radio," directed by Oliver Stone (USA/1988).
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 50 ratings.
I could never find fault with anything that either of these actors starred in...they're both at the top of my list. Beyond that, though, this is a great movie: A+ for the plot, the acting, the tension that builds. The premise is disturbing because of the knowledge that there are really people out there teaching youngsters to hate, & I like my movies to take me to some sort of Utopia. (Darned reality!!) However, the tension of "when is he going to find out?" & "the boy is supposed to get the girl, but how can that be in THIS movie?" will keep you from taking that bathroom break, so go early. You won't want to miss a minute of this.