Madonna You Can Dance
Only 5 copies left
|You Save:||$1.10 (10% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: November 17, 1987
- Originally Released: 1987
- Label: Sire / London/Rhino
Rolling Stone - 4/11/02, p.108Ranked #50 in Rolling Stone's "50 Coolest Records" - "...Madonna's hits remixed by some of the Eighties' savviest DJs..."
- 4.Physical Attraction
- 5.Over And Over
- 6.Into The Groove
- 7.Where's The Party
- 9.Into The Groove
- 10.Where's The Party
Producers include: Stephen Bray, Jellybean, Mark Kamins, Madonna, Patrick Leonard.
Includes liner notes by Brian Chin.
This is not a true greatest hits, but a collection of newly remixed (1987) versions of her hits.
Personnel: Madonna (vocals); David Cole (keyboards).
Audio Mixers: Michael Barbiero; Steve Thompson .
Audio Remixers: Michael Hutchinson; Bruce Forest; Frank Heller; Jay Mark; Jellybean; Andy Wallace; Shep Pettibone; Steve Peck.
Liner Note Author: Brian Chin .
Editor: Shep Pettibone.
Photographer: Herb Ritts.
Madonna's meteoric rise to stardom had as its springboard the early '80s NY club scene; dance music has provided a home base for any of the musical journeys her widely varied career has seen her take. 1987's YOU CAN DANCE found the reigning queen of pop revisiting some of her more famous works, courtesy of the mixing skills of some of the friends she'd made along the way, notably NY DJ and mix artist Jellybean Benitez (a name which was inseparable from the dance music genre at the time). Producer of Madonna's breakthrough "Holiday," he returns here with two slick remixes of the track, highlighting some of its many catchy instrumental nuances. The quintessential Madonna dance track, "Into The Groove," which inspired the album's title, bears the mark of editor Shep Pettibone. Pettibone's reassembling of the track turns it into an all-new dance experience, with inspired breaks and gliding accompaniment. The romantic classic "Over And Over" reinvents the original, augmenting Nile Rodgers's tight production with extra percussion and keyboards.
Roger Corman's Cult Classics: Big Bad Mama (1974) / Big Bad... (DVD)
$16.40 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 87 ratings.
Based on 87 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking titles in the Pop / Rock genre:
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Get It On: The Seventies DVD Jukebox ~ $2.38 on SALE
- Various Artists Retrospective Classic Rock (3CD) ~ $7.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Afternoon Delight: 70's Romance (CD) ~ $4.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Sounds of The Fabulous Fifties (Limited Distribution) (3-CD Box Set) ~ $9.98 on SALE
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Southern Nights: Classic Country Crossovers (2CD) ~ $5.98 on SALE
- The Duprees For Collectors Only: 47-Song Collection (2-CD) ~ $6.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Country Top Hits of the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s (4-CD) ~ $19.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Summer Fun: 43-Song Collection (3-CD) ~ $8.98 on SALE
- Various Artists WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE