Tom Lehrer That Was the Year That Was (Live)
LOW STOCK: Only 2 copies left
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$10.81 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$2.17 (17% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- by Tom Lehrer ~ An Evening Wasted with Tom Lehrer ~ $12.58
- by Allan Sherman ~ My Son, the Greatest: The Best of Allan Sherman [CD] ~ $8.09
- by Tom Lehrer ~ Songs And More Songs By Tom Lehrer ~ $8.98
- by Tom Lehrer ~ Songs By Tom Lehrer ~ $8.36
- by Tom Lehrer ~ The Tom Lehrer Collection (2-CD) ~ $14.38
Products with a similar style:
- Monty Python Monty Python Live! At City Center (CD) ~ $5.97 (Save 25%)
- Released: April 24, 1990
- Originally Released: 1990
- Label: Reprise / WEA
- 1.National Brotherhood Week
- 2.M. L. F. Lullaby
- 3.George Murphy
- 4.The Folk Army Song
- 6.Send The Marines
- 8.So Long, Mom (A Song For WWIII)
- 9.Whatever Became Of Hubert
- 10.New Math
- 12.Who's Next
- 13.Wernher Von Braun
- 14.The Vatican Rag
Composer: Tom Lehrer.
Recording information: The hungry i, San Francisco, CA (07/1965).
Imagine a Harvard professor (which he was) with a gift for the piano (which he had), and the iconoclastic humorous bent of a Lenny Bruce or George Carlin (right on the money), and you'll get a good picture of musical humorist Tom Lehrer, whose delightfully twisted ditties presaged the counterculture of both the Beats and the hippies. Unlike those bohemian types, Lehrer never let it all hang out; his professorial demeanor was part of his shtick, making his outrageous lyrical content all the more effective.
Though he was a key comedic figure throughout the '50s, THAT WAS THE YEAR THAT WAS is Lehrer's only '60s studio recording, and his last before his early retirement from music. No stone is left unturned, as he skewers the Catholic church to ragtime accompaniment on "The Vatican Rag," mocks phony liberalism and racial unrest in "National Brotherhood Week," and takes a well-aimed shot at the then-current folk revival in "The Folk Song Army."
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 59 ratings.
Based on 59 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Best of Chicago Garage Bands - The Quill Records Story (CD)(14)
99¢ on SALE