Otis Redding The Great Otis Redding Sings Soul Ballads
|You Save:||$1.01 (10% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- by Otis Redding ~ Complete & Unbelievable: The Otis Redding Dictionary of Soul ~ $13.25
- by Otis Redding / Carla Thomas ~ King And Queen ~ $11.69
- by Otis Redding ~ Love Songs ~ $4.13
- by Otis Redding ~ Otis Blue / Otis Redding Sings Soul ~ $5.02
- by Otis Redding ~ Remember Me ~ $10.56
Products with a similar style:
- Released: June 11, 1991
- Originally Released: 1991
- Label: Elektra / WEA
- 1.That's How Strong My Love Is
- 2.Chained And Bound
- 3.A Woman Lover Friend
- 4.Your One And Only Man
- 5.Nothing Can Change This Love
- 6.It's Too Late
- 7.For Your Precious Love
- 8.I Want To Thank You
- 9.Come To Me
- 10.Home In Your Heart
- 11.Keep Your Arms Around Me
- 12.Mr. Pitiful
Personnel: Otis Redding (vocals); Johnny Jenkins (guitar); Charles "Packy" Axton (tenor saxophone); Floyd Newman (baritone saxophone); Wayne Jackson, Sammy Coleman (trumpet).
Booker T. & The MG's: Booker T. Jones (organ, keyboards); Steve Cropper (guitar, piano, background vocals); Donald "Duck" Dunn (bass); Al Jackson Jr (drums).
Recorded between February 1964 and January 1965. Originally released on Volt (411). Includes liner notes by Paul Ackerman.
Digitally remastered by Bill Inglot and Dan Hersch (DigiPrep).
Personnel: Otis Redding (vocals); Steve Cropper (guitar, piano); Johnny Jenkins (guitar); Charles "Packy" Axton (tenor saxophone); Floyd Newman (baritone saxophone); Sammie Coleman, Wayne Jackson (trumpet); Booker T. Jones (organ, keyboards); Al Jackson, Jr. (drums).
Audio Remasterers: Daniel Hersch; Bill Inglot.
Liner Note Author: Paul Ackerman.
Recording information: Memphis, TN.
Unknown Contributor Role: Jim Stewart .
Otis Redding's second album SINGS SOUL BALLADS found him abandoning his usual upbeat material for songs of yearning and heartbreak. Over the course of 12 songs, Redding establishes himself as one of the greatest soul singers by tapping into these universal feelings with his smoldering delivery and his mastery of vocal nuance. His effective call-and-response with Packy Axton's tenor sax on "A Woman, A Lover, A Friend" is spine-chilling, while his pleading is accentuated by a full horn section on "Your One And Only Man."
Redding's talents as a songwriter were blossoming on material such as "Chained And Bound," "Your One And Only Man" and "I Want To Thank You." His choice of covers is also inspiring as he gives loving readings of songs by Chuck Willis ("It's Too Late"), Jerry Butler ("For Your Precious Love") and hero Sam Cooke ("Nothing Can Change This Love.")
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 8 ratings.
Based on 8 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Sounds of The Fabulous Fifties (Limited Distribution) (3-CD Box Set) ~ $8.48 LABOR DAY
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Jimmy Buffett Down To Earth / High Cumberland Jubilee (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - JukeBox Giants, Volume 1 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE