Dire Straits On Every Street
|You Save:||$1.20 (10% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: September 19, 2000
- Originally Released: 2000
- Label: Warner Bros / WEA
Q - 10/11/915 Stars - Classic "...The best news of all concerns the songs. Well-crafted as ever, they also pack more of a punch that any Knopfler has previously written..."
- 1.Calling Elvis
- 2.On Every Street
- 3.When It Comes To You
- 4.Fade To Black
- 5.The Bug
- 6.You And Your Friends
- 7.Heavy Fuel
- 8.Iron Hand
- 9.Ticket To Heaven
- 10.My Parties
- 11.Planet Of New Orleans
- 12.How Long
Dire Straits: Mark Knopfler (vocals, guitar); Guy Fletcher (guitar); Alan Clark (keyboards); John Illsley (bass).
Additional personnel: George Martin (conductor); Danny Cummings, Paul Franklin, Vince Gill, Manu Katche, Phil Palmer, Jeff Porcaro, Chris White.
Recorded at Air Studios, London, England.
All tracks have been digitally remastered.
Personnel: Mark Knopfler (vocals, guitar); Alan Clark (strings, keyboards); Guy Fletcher (keyboards, background vocals); Manu Katch‚ (drums, percussion).
Audio Mixer: Bob Clearmountain.
Recording information: Air Studios, London, England.
Unknown Contributor Roles: Chris White ; Danny Cummings; Jeff Porcaro; Paul Franklin ; Phil Palmer; Vince Gill.
In the six-year hiatus between BROTHERS IN ARMS and ON EVERY STREET, Mark Knopfler immersed himself in soundtrack work and occasional collaborations with other artists. Knopfler was always hugely influenced by country music, and his passion for this genre was predictably inflamed by winning a pair of 1990 Grammys for his work with Chet Atkins on NECK & NECK. This led to the Scottish guitarist reuniting Dire Straits for what would be the group's final studio album.
With his trademark twangy guitar in tow, Knopfler indulges his love of the American South with odes to Memphis (the chugging "Calling Elvis") and Louisiana (a moody "Planet Of New Orleans"). Throughout STREET, Dire Straits does an impressive job trying on various styles, including infectious rockabilly ("The Bug"), lush countrypolitan ("Ticket To Heaven"), and Appalachian-flavored folk ("Iron Hand"). Elsewhere, Knopfler does his best Dylan vocal on the film-noir blues of "Fade To Black" and has fun playing a boor obsessed with material possessions (the lite-jazz-flavored "My Parties").
Sultans of Swing - The Very Best of Dire Straits (CD)
$12.58 on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 127 ratings.
Based on 127 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking titles in the Pop / Rock genre:
- Various Artists Get It On: The Seventies DVD Jukebox ~ $2.38 on SALE
- Jimmy Buffett Down To Earth / High Cumberland Jubilee (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - JukeBox Giants, Volume 1 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Sounds of The Fabulous Fifties (Limited Distribution) (3-CD Box Set) ~ $9.98 on SALE
Top ranking CD:
- Jimmy McGriff Toast To Golden Classics (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Johnny Cash Sings I Walk The Line / Sings Folsom Prison Blues (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - JukeBox Giants, Volume 3 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - JukeBox Giants, Volume 2 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Johnny Cash Original Golden Hits, Volumes 1 & 2 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE