INXS Kick (Expanded & Remastered)
11 copies available
|You Save:||$1.40 (10% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: October 15, 2002
- Originally Released: 2002
- Label: Atlantic
CMJ - 1/5/04, p.22Ranked #18 in CMJ's "Top 20 Most-Played Albums of 1988"
Q (Magazine) - p.1184 stars out of 5 -- "Hutchence's knowing, Jaggeresque vocal swagger turned 'Devil Inside,' 'Never Tear Us Apart' and the mighty 'Mystify' into something beyond what INXS had done before and what they would do again."
- 1.Guns In The Sky
- 2.New Sensation
- 3.Devil Inside
- 4.Need You Tonight
- 6.The Loved One
- 7.Wild Life
- 8.Never Tear Us Apart
- 11.Calling All Nations
- 12.Tiny Daggers
- 13.Move On
- 14.Jesus Was A Man
- 16.The Trap
INXS: Michael Hutchence (vocals); Kirk Pengilly (guitar, saxophone, background vocals); Andrew Farris (guitar, keyboards); Tim Farriss (guitar); Garry Gary Beers (bass); Jon Farriss (drums, percussion).
Recorded at Rhinoceros Studios, Sydney, Australia and Studio De La Grande Armee, Paris, France. Originally released on Atlantic (8179). Includes liner notes by Chris Thomas.
All tracks have been digitally remastered.
Personnel: Kirk Pengilly (vocals, guitar, saxophone); Michael Hutchence (vocals); Andrew Farriss (guitar, keyboards); Tim Farriss (guitar); Jon Farriss (drums, percussion).
Audio Mixers: Mark Opitz; Bob Clearmountain.
Audio Remasterers: Don Bartley; Mark Opitz; Andrew Farriss.
Liner Note Author: Chris Thomas .
Recording information: Rhinoceros Recordings, Sydney, Australia; Studio De La Grande Armee, Paris, France.
Photographers: Lynn Goldsmith; Grant Matthews.
Okay, this album's omnipresence (it produced no less than five charting singles out of 12 songs) on radio and television for over a year and a half--alongside singer Michael Hutchence's mass media anointment as THE premier rock and roll sex symbol of the late '80s--makes it difficult to hear KICK as simply an album. KICK isn't a pop culture icon on the level of BORN IN THE USA or IT TAKES A NATION OF MILLIONS TO HOLD US BACK, but once you've hit a certain commercial threshold and the inevitable backlash has set in (see also THE JOSHUA TREE and I DO NOT WANT WHAT I HAVEN'T GOT), the musical worth of a disc ceases to matter much. KICK's five hits are easily its best tracks, and the remaining seven range from excellent to inoffensive. If you want to mentally recreate 1988, look no further.
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 30 ratings.
Based on 30 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking titles in the Pop / Rock genre:
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Best of Chicago Garage Bands - The Quill Records Story (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- The Herd Very Best of I Can Fly (Featuring Peter Frampton) (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Ultimate Jukebox Hits of the 70s, Volume 4 & 5 (2-CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Duane Eddy Duane A Go Go Go / Duane Eddy Does Bob Dylan (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
Top ranking CD:
- King Curtis Enjoy Records - The Best of King Curtis (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Bob Wills Sings & Plays/In Concert (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Joe Newman The Complete RCA Victor Recordings (1955-1956) "The Basie Days (2-CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Curtis Fuller Boss of The Soul-Stream Trombone (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Ornette Coleman Ornette On Tenor (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE