- Rated: R
- Run Time: 1 hours, 34 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: April 16, 2002
- Originally Released: 1989
- Label: MGM (Video & DVD)
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Single Side - Dual Layer
- Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen - 1.66
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Aspect Ratio: Letterbox - 1.85
- Dolby Digital Mono - Spanish
- Dolby Digital Stereo 2.0 - English
- Dolby Digital Stereo 2.0 - French
- Additional Release Material:
- Trailers: Original Theatrical Trailer
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Rolling Stone - 10/19/1989
"...A nonstop pleasure....Burt proves himself a world-class charmer. Ditto the film..."
New York Times - 10/09/1989
"...[Both Forsyth and Sayles] have spent a lot of love and care on this project....[Reynolds has not] given a more accomplished performance in a very long time..."
Los Angeles Times - 10/12/1989
"...Delightful....It's a superb job....[A] luxuriously civilized movie..."
USA Today - 04/26/2002
"...This is Reynolds' quality high water mark between 1972's DELIVERANCE and 1997's BOOGIE NIGHTS..."
Uncut - 02/01/2005
"Both leads are masterfully underplayed, and the script's an utter delight throughout."
A veteran safecracker reluctantly takes on a novice thief when the two break into the same house simultaneously. The older man understands the need to keep a low profile in regard to his "earnings" but the careless newcomer spends lavishly, pays the consequences and begins to learn a few lessons about life.
Character Study |
Theatrical Release |