- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 42 minutes
- Video: Black & White
- Released: April 27, 2004
- Originally Released: 1988
- Label: Standing Room Only
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Interactive Features:
- Interactive Menus
- Scene Access
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Description by OLDIES.com:
Casey Kasem set the standard for radio countdowns with his weekly "American Top 40" show. Now, Casey reaches into the archives to bring you rare and exciting performances from the 60's greatest musicians. In the mid 1960's a wave of British rock groups crossed the Atlantic to rule the charts in America. Ranging from hard rock to bouncy pop, with catchy melodies and ringing guitars, the British Invasion changed the sound of rock and roll forever.
- Gerry and the Pacemakers: "How Do You Do It"
- Peter and Gordon: "World Without Love"
- Manfred Mann: "The Mighty Quinn (Quinn the Eskimo)"
- The Animals: "We Gotta Get Out of This Place"
- Joe Cocker: "Delta Lady"
- The Kinks: "You Really Got Me"
- Procol Harum: "Salty Dog"
- The Hollies: "He Ain't Heavy, He's My Brother"
- The Troggs: "Wild Thing"
- The Yardbirds: "Heart Full of Soul"
- Traffic: "40,000 Headmen"
It started with the U.S. release of "Meet the Beatles" in January 1964. From that date forward, the invasion stormed our airwaves with Jimmy Page, Steve Winwood, Joe Cocker, Ray Davies, the Troggs, Traffic, the Hollies and others.
Description by Kultur Films:
Featuring: Gerry and the Pacemakers, Peter and Gordon, Manfred Mann, The Kinks, The Yardbirds
Clips And Highlights |
Music (General) |
Music Compilation |
Music Video |
Pop / Rock |
Rock And Roll |