The Oak Ridge Boys The Journey
Only 5 copies left
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$11.65 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$1.33 (10% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: July 27, 2004
- Originally Released: 2004
- Label: Spring Hill
- 1.Train, Train
- 2.Someplace Green
- 3.Bad Case Of Missing You
- 4.Saving Grace
- 5.You Don't Have To Go Home (But You Can't Stay Here)
- 6.Old Familiar Love
- 7.Goin' Against The Grain
- 8.I Love You So Much Hurts
- 9.My Girl Friday
- 10.That Old Gravel Road Was Easy Street
- 11.The Journey
The Oak Ridge Boys: Duane Allen, Joe Bonsall, William Lee Golden, Richard Sterban (vocals).
Personnel: Bruce Watkins (acoustic guitar, banjo); Scott Sanders (dobro); Audrey Haney (mandolin, fiddle); Chris Golden (mandolin, harmonica, tambourine); Gary Prim (piano); Jerry Kroon (drums).
Additional personnel: Sara Elizabeth (dulcimer); Aubrey Haynie (mandolin, fiddle); David Smith (double bass); Dennis Crouch (bass guitar); Gary Prim, Jerry Kroon, Bruce Watkins, Scott Sanders.
Audio Mixer: Pete Greene.
Recording information: Emerald A; Michael Sykes Productions; The Tracking room.
The Oak Ridge Boys have recorded a variety of musical styles over the years, moving from gospel to country to pop. THE JOURNEY sees the boys returning to their country roots. On this disc, mandolin, fiddle, banjo, and acoustic guitar are used to create a more traditional Appalachian sound, and while this album still has many pop elements to it, never before has this group drawn so heavily upon the sounds of old-school bluegrass.
"Goin' Against the Grain" uses the time-honored "train rhythm" country feel; here the boys sing upbeat, tongue-in-cheek lyrics, while superb mandolin and violin solos are performed by Chris Golden and Aubrey Haney, respectively. "I Love You So Much It Hurts" is a classic country ballad from Floyd Tillman, and the rich harmonies on the refrain add enormous depth and allure to this old-time waltz. The laid-back sound of THE JOURNEY suits the Oak Ridge Boys quite well, making it one of their best latter-day albums.
Donna FargoThe Best of 20th Century Masters / Millennium Collection (CD)
$8.34 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 6 ratings.
Based on 6 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
The King of Country Music: The Complete Foundation... (CD)
$251.09 Super Savings
In Memory of The Man: Dedicated To Lester Flatt (CD)
$16.89 Super Savings
Top ranking titles in the Country & Bluegrass genre:
- Skeeter Davis Blueberry Hill / The End of The World (CD) ~ $1.98 on SALE
- Jack Scott The Very Best of Jack Scott (2-CD) ~ $6.98 on SALE
- Waylon Jennings The One And Only / Heartaches By The Numbers (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Don Gibson Hurtin' Inside / I Love You So Much It Hurts (CD) ~ $1.98 on SALE
- Chet Atkins Chet Atkins And His Guitar / The Guitar Genius (CD) ~ $1.98 on SALE