The Oak Ridge Boys The Journey
|LABOR DAY SALE:||$11.65 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$1.33 (10% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
Products with a similar style:
- Donna Fargo The Best of Donna Fargo [Curb] (CD) ~ $13.25
- Donna Fargo The Best of 20th Century Masters / Millennium Collection (CD) ~ $8.84
- Donna Fargo Dark-Eyed Lady (CD) ~ $8.48
- Donna Fargo Fargo Country (CD) ~ $7.17
- Released: July 27, 2004
- Originally Released: 2004
- Label: Spring Hill
- 1.Train, Train
- 2.Someplace Green
- 3.Bad Case Of Missing You
- 4.Saving Grace
- 5.You Don't Have To Go Home (But You Can't Stay Here)
- 6.Old Familiar Love
- 7.Goin' Against The Grain
- 8.I Love You So Much Hurts
- 9.My Girl Friday
- 10.That Old Gravel Road Was Easy Street
- 11.The Journey
The Oak Ridge Boys: Duane Allen, Joe Bonsall, William Lee Golden, Richard Sterban (vocals).
Personnel: Bruce Watkins (acoustic guitar, banjo); Scott Sanders (dobro); Audrey Haney (mandolin, fiddle); Chris Golden (mandolin, harmonica, tambourine); Gary Prim (piano); Jerry Kroon (drums).
Additional personnel: Sara Elizabeth (dulcimer); Aubrey Haynie (mandolin, fiddle); David Smith (double bass); Dennis Crouch (bass guitar); Gary Prim, Jerry Kroon, Bruce Watkins, Scott Sanders.
Audio Mixer: Pete Greene.
Recording information: Emerald A; Michael Sykes Productions; The Tracking room.
The Oak Ridge Boys have recorded a variety of musical styles over the years, moving from gospel to country to pop. THE JOURNEY sees the boys returning to their country roots. On this disc, mandolin, fiddle, banjo, and acoustic guitar are used to create a more traditional Appalachian sound, and while this album still has many pop elements to it, never before has this group drawn so heavily upon the sounds of old-school bluegrass.
"Goin' Against the Grain" uses the time-honored "train rhythm" country feel; here the boys sing upbeat, tongue-in-cheek lyrics, while superb mandolin and violin solos are performed by Chris Golden and Aubrey Haney, respectively. "I Love You So Much It Hurts" is a classic country ballad from Floyd Tillman, and the rich harmonies on the refrain add enormous depth and allure to this old-time waltz. The laid-back sound of THE JOURNEY suits the Oak Ridge Boys quite well, making it one of their best latter-day albums.
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 6 ratings.
Based on 6 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking titles in the Country & Bluegrass genre:
- Johnny Cash Original Golden Hits, Volumes 1 & 2 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Johnny Cash Sings I Walk The Line / Sings Folsom Prison Blues (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- George Jones / Tammy Wynette Golden Ring / Near You (45) ~ $2.99 on SALE
- Johnny Cash Folsom Prison Blues / I Walk The Line (45) ~ $2.40 LABOR DAY
- The Browns Complete As & Bs and More 1954 - 62 (CD) ~ $14.22 LABOR DAY
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Sounds of The Fabulous Fifties (Limited Distribution) (3-CD Box Set) ~ $8.48 LABOR DAY
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Jimmy Buffett Down To Earth / High Cumberland Jubilee (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - JukeBox Giants, Volume 1 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE