Classic Country: Hard To Find Hits
by Various Artists
|You Save:||$1.80 (10% Off)|
Temporarily Out of Stock: We'll get more as soon as possible
- Released: February 24, 2004
- Originally Released: 2004
- Label: Time Life Records
- 1.Jimmie RodgersKisses Sweeter Than Wine
- 2.Don GibsonBlue Blue Day
- 3.Bob LumanLet's Think About Living
- 4.Marvin RainwaterGonna Find Me A Bluebird
- 5.Ned MillerFrom A Jack To A King
- 6.Wanda JacksonRight Or Wrong
- 7.Wynn StewartIt's Such A Pretty World Today
- 8.Faron YoungAlone With You
- 9.Bobby HelmsFarulein
- 10.Ernest AshworthTalk Back Trembling Lips
- 11.The Davis SistersI Forgot More Than You'll Ever Know
- 12.The BrownsThe Old Lamplighter
- 13.Burl IvesA Little Bitty Tear
- 14.Bobby EdwardsYou're The Reason
- 15.Cowboy CopasAlabam
- 16.Hawkshaw HawkinsLonesome 7-7203
- 17.Carl & Pearl ButlerDon't Let Me Cross Over
- 18.Jack GreeneStatue Of A Fool
- 19.Bobby Bare500 Miles Away From Home
- 20.Freddie HartEasy Loving
Liner Note Author: Charles McCardell.
If one ascribes to the axiom that they don't make country music like they used to, then Classic Country: Hard to Find Hits provides ample evidence. The collection gathers together 20 country hits, most of which climbed the charts in the late '50s and early '60s. The spare accompaniment of these songs, highlighted by acoustic and electric guitars, steels, and bass, tastefully leaves the Davis Singers, Bobby Edwards, and Jack Greene front and center. A number of these oldies -- "Don't Let Me Cross Over," "500 Miles Away from Home," and "Easy Loving" -- will be fairly well known, but previous knowledge isn't a requirement to enjoy Jimmie Rodgers' upbeat version of "Kisses Sweeter Than Wine" or Wynn Stewart's "It's Such a Pretty World Today." The sum-total effect of Hard to Find Hits is a little like tuning into a static-filled AM station that plays nothing but classic 45-rpm records. For those unaccustomed to older country, these songs may be a bit too tame ("Don't Let Me Cross Over" is about as racy as things get), and the background singing on many cuts is a bit cheesy. But for everyone who longs for the days when loud electric guitars were relegated to rock & roll and country actually sounded like it might come from the country, Hard to Find Hits is a lo-fi blast from the past. ~ Ronnie D. Lankford Jr.
Sings I Walk The Line / Sings Folsom Prison Blues (CD)(8)
$2.98 on SALE
Get Rhythm / Story Songs of Trains And Rivers (CD)(10)
$5.98 on SALE
Sings The Greatest Hits / Sings The Blue Train (CD)(2)
$4.98 on SALE
Best of Chicago Garage Bands - The Quill Records Story (CD)(14)
99¢ on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 6 ratings.
Based on 6 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!