Classic Country: God, Family And Country
by Various Artists
- Released: July 27, 2004
- Originally Released: 2004
- Label: Time Life Records
- 1.Aaron TippinYou've Got To Stand For Something
- 2.Lee GreenwoodGod Bless The USA
- 3.Michael Martin MurpheyA Long Line Of Love
- 4.The Raybon BrothersButterfly Kisses
- 5.Vince GillGo Rest High On That Mountain
- 6.Jeff CarsonI Can Only Imagine
- 7.Randy TravisHe Walked On Water
- 8.Joe DiffieHome
- 9.Holly DunnDaddy's Hands
- 10.Loretta LynnCoal Miner's Daughter
- 11.Dolly PartonCoat Of Many Colors
- 12.AlabamaDown Home
- 13.The JuddsLove Can Build A Bridge
- 14.George StraitLove Without End, Amen
- 15.Billy Ray CyrusSome Gave All
- 16.Song Of The Patriot
- 17.Chris LedouxI Believe In America
- 18.Charlie Daniels BandIn America
- 19.Willie NelsonAmazing Grace
- 20.George JonesWill The Circle Be Unbroken
Arranger: Willie Nelson.
God, Family, Country not only describes the music included on this 2004 Time-Life compilation, but also serves to define the very cornerstones of American country music. It's hard to imagine, after all, a contemporary rock or rap artist touting patriotic elegies, musing on the joys of family life, or revealing his or her personal relationship with Jesus. Lee Greenwood, on the other hand, sings his perennial classic, "God Bless the U.S.A.," without a trace of self-consciousness, while Aaron Tippin turns "You've Got to Stand for Something" into an anthem to be embraced without reservation. The Raybon Brothers sing unabashedly about a father's love of his daughter in "Butterfly Kisses," and Randy Travis indulges in a bit of hero worship in "He Walked On Water." Even though most of these songs come from the '90s, the worldview reflected here comes from a quieter, simpler time. Families still eat Sunday dinner together, earn their bread by the sweat of their brow, and keep a Bible on the table in the sitting room. In fact, when the listener travels even further back in time to Loretta Lynn's "Coal Miner's Daughter," Dolly Parton's "Coat of Many Colors," and George Jones' "Will the Circle Be Unbroken," he or she will find the exact same worldview. Country music fans looking for the perfect disc for Fourth of July family gatherings will appreciate God, Family, Country's 20 well-chosen songs. ~ Ronnie D. Lankford Jr.
Country Top Hits of the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s (4-CD)(5)
$19.98 on SALE
Ultimate Rock & Roll Time Capsule, Volume 3 - Disc 2 (CD)(3)
99¢ on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 7 ratings.
Based on 7 ratings.
Write an online review to share your thoughts with other customers.
God, Family, Country Music Lover: from Crestview, FL US -- February, 26, 2006
This CD speaks to fathers, mothers, patriots, believers and those of us with memories of our families during our childhood. I can't seem to stop playing it. It really is awesome if you listen to the words being sung.