Harlem Renaissance - The Music & Rhythms That Started a Cultural Revolution
by Various Artists
LOW STOCK: Only 3 copies left
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$14.27 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$5.72 (29% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Against the Odds - The Artists of the Harlem Renaissance ~ $17.54
- by The Mills Brothers / The Delta Rhythm Boys ~ Sing Brother Sing - The Mills Brothers & The Delta Rhythm Boys ~ $11.98
- Soundtrack for a Revolution ~ $23.13
- by Fats Waller ~ This Joint Is Jumpin' ~ $11.10
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 15 minutes
- Video: Black & White
- Released: July 27, 2004
- Originally Released: 2004
- Label: Kultur Video
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Cab Calloway, Duke Ellington & Nat King Cole|
|Featured:||Count Basie, Duke Ellington & Cab Calloway|
Description by OLDIES.com:
In the 1920s, African-American literature, art, music, dance, and social commentary flourished in Harlem, in uptown New York City. This cultural movement which redefined African-American expression, became known as the Harlem Renaissance. Music became the centerpiece that this movement was built around, launching an artistic awakening rather than a social revolt. Featuring commentary from historians and the performers themselves, this program traces the roots of the music, it's social impact on society and its eventual acceptance in mainstream culture. Classic performances from Cab Calloway, Duke Ellington, Count Basie and Nat King Cole are featured as well as 30 minutes of performance extras.
The impact of the Harlem scene on the contemporary jazz scene can never be underestimated. This documentary offers a thorough analysis of the scene, drawing on footage of many legendary jazz men. Among those performing and offering their thoughts are Count Basie, Duke Ellington, Cab Calloway, and others.
Description by Kultur Films:
Featuring commentary from historians and performers, this program traces the roots of the music of the, its social impact on society and its eventual acceptance in mainstream culture.
American Ballet Theatre at the Met: Mixed Bill (DVD)(3)
$21.37 Super Savings
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 6 ratings.
Based on 6 ratings.
Be the first Movie Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 71,011
- UPC: 032031311596
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
How Did We End Up Here? - Live at Wembley Arena (DVD)
$20.64 Super Savings
How Did We End Up Here? - Live at Wembley Arena (Blu-ray)
$18.68 Super Savings
50 Cent vs. Eminem - Collector's Box (2-DVD - Collector's...
$10.35 Super Savings
Love Train: The Sound of Philadelphia - Live In Concert (DVD)(19)
$10.26 Super Savings
Top ranking DVD:
- The Golden Age of Cartoons: Cultoons! Rare, Lost and Strange Cartoons! Ads and Oddities (DVD) ~ $1.98 on SALE
- The Graduate (Decades Collection) (Includes CD) (DVD) ~ $3.98 on SALE
Roger Corman Drive-In Collection (6-DVD)
$6.29 Super Savings
- Sons of Kong: 10 Full-Length Movies on 3-DVDs (3D Pop-Up Case) ~ $1.98 on SALE
- 3 Pack Westerns: The Way West / Escort West / Chato's Land (DVD) ~ $2.98 on SALE