The Eagles On The Border
14 copies available
|You Save:||$1 (10% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
Products with a similar style:
- Eric Clapton 20th Century Masters - The Millennium Collection: The Best of Eric Clapton (CD) ~ $8.34
- Eric Clapton Eric Clapton's Rainbow Concert (Remastered) (CD) ~ $8.34
- Eric Clapton No Reason To Cry (Remastered) (CD) ~ $8.34
- Released: June 1, 1983
- Originally Released: 1985
- Label: Elektra / WEA
- 1.Already Gone
- 2.You Never Cry Like A Lover
- 3.Midnight Flyer
- 4.My Man
- 5.On The Border
- 6.James Dean
- 7.Ol' 55
- 8.Is It True
- 9.Good Day In Hell
- 10.Best Of My Love
Eagles: Bernie Leadon (vocals, guitar, steel guitar, banjo); Glenn Frey (vocals, guitar, piano); Randy Meisner (vocals, bass instrument); Don Henley (vocals, drums); Don Felder (electric guitar).
ON THE BORDER marked a point of transition for the Eagles, a halfway point between their original country-rock sound and the slick pop-rock they would later embrace. The arrival of guitarist Don Felder helped eventuate this shift, even as founding member/multi-instrumentalist Bernie Leadon found himself increasingly alienated by the move away from his rootsier orientation. "Midnight Flyer," the smash hit "Already Gone," and Leadon's "My Man," an elegy to Eagles influence Gram Parsons, are the remaining traces of the band's old sound.
The title track finds the band flirting with the disco-funk sound they would pursue further on their subsequent album ONE OF THESE NIGHTS. "The Best of My Love" is the kind of flawlessly constructed '70s radio staple for which the term soft-rock was invented. The band's cover version of the Tom Waits ballad "Ol' 55" was perhaps the furthest from its origins any Waits composition would get until Rod Stewart took on "Downtown Train" many years later. In all, ON THE BORDER effectively represents the eclectic but expertly blended mix of styles that pushed the Eagles to the top of the '70s rock heap.
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 52 ratings.
Based on 52 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD)
$2.98 on SALE
Top ranking CD:
- Jimmy McGriff Toast To Golden Classics (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Johnny Cash Sings I Walk The Line / Sings Folsom Prison Blues (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Pat Benatar The Best of Volume 1 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - JukeBox Giants, Volume 2 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Johnny Cash Original Golden Hits, Volumes 1 & 2 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE