The Eagles Desperado
LOW STOCK: Only 3 copies left
|You Save:||$1 (10% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
Products with a similar style:
- Eric Clapton 20th Century Masters - The Millennium Collection: The Best of Eric Clapton (CD) ~ $6.11
- Eric Clapton Eric Clapton's Rainbow Concert (Remastered) (CD) ~ $7.38
- Released: December 31, 1989
- Originally Released: 1987
- Label: Elektra / WEA
Rolling Stone - 1/10/73, p.55"...a unified set of songs...with their second consecutive job well done, the Eagles are on a winning streak..."
- 3.Out Of Control
- 4.Tequila Sunrise
- 6.Certain Kind Of Fool
- 7.Doolin-Dalton (instrumental)
- 8.Outlaw Man
- 9.Saturday Night
- 10.Bitter Creek
- 11.Doolin-Dalton / Desperado
Eagles: Bernie Leadon (vocals, guitar, banjo, mandolin); Glenn Frey (vocals, guitar, piano); Randy Meisner (vocals, bass instrument); Don Henley (vocals, drums).
Personnel: Don Felder, Randy Meisner (guitar); Glenn Frey (keyboards).
Audio Remasterer: Ted Jensen.
Recording information: Island Studios, London, England.
Photographer: Henry Diltz.
The Eagles' excellent debut indicated that they were quickly on their way to becoming one of America's leading country-rock acts. DESPERADO, their second release, ostensibly a concept album about an outlaw figure of the Old West, furthered their claim. Recorded in London under the aegis of Glyn Johns, the set was marked by the quartet's highly measured playing, distinctive, high-flown harmonies, and accessible folk and country-flavored pop-rock. DEPERADO may not be as cohesive as its predecessor, but the different styles it encompasses mirror the Eagles' many strengths.
"Twenty-one" is Flying Burrito Brothers-style country-rock, "Out of Control" is amped-up blues-rock, whereas the title track is a plaintive, melancholic piano ballad (abetted by a string section). Don Henley plays a bigger part on DESPERADO, lending vocals and co-writing much of the material, including the opener "Doolin Dalton" and the lazy, beautiful "Tequila Sunrise," the record's single. The Eagles' sophomore album showed them developing their signature style, and achieving the radio-friendly sheen they would refine over the next two albums, then perfect on 1976's HOTEL CALIFORNIA.
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 75 ratings.
Based on 75 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Southern Nights: Classic Country Crossovers (2CD) ~ $5.98 on SALE
- The Duprees For Collectors Only: 47-Song Collection (2-CD) ~ $6.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Country Top Hits of the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s (4-CD) ~ $19.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Summer Fun: 43-Song Collection (3-CD) ~ $8.98 on SALE
- Various Artists WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE