|You Save:||$1.99 (10% Off)|
- Atlantis, The Lost Continent ~ $15.98 (Save 20%)
- King Solomon's Mines ~ $13.22
- The Most Dangerous Game (75th Anniversary Edition) (Includes Colorized and B&W Versions) ~ $4.98 (Save 50%)
- She (1965) (Widescreen) ~ $15.98 (Save 20%)
- Things to Come (Full Screen/Colorized and B&W Versions) ~ $5.98 (Save 60%)
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 34 minutes
- Video: Black & White
- Released: March 16, 1999
- Originally Released: 1935
- Label: Kino Video
- Encoding: Region 0 (Worldwide)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Randolph Scott, Helen Gahagan & Nigel Bruce|
|Performer:||Gustav Von Seyffertitz, Samuel S. Hinds, Lumsden Hare, Helen Mack, Noble Johnson, Helen Gahagan & Nigel Bruce|
|Directed by||Irving Pichel, Lansing Holden & Lansing C. Holden|
|Written by||Ruth Rose|
|Composition by||Max Steiner|
|Cinematography by||J. Roy Hunt|
|Art Direction by||Van Nest Polglase|
|Produced by||Merian C. Cooper|
Description by OLDIES.com:
Merian C. Cooper produced this lavish adventure tale in an effort to reformulate the success of his 1933 film King Kong, to which She bears a striking resemblance. Only within the colossal gates of this hidden kingdom lurks not a fifty-foot ape but an even more exotic and threatening creature: a woman. Independent, powerful and feared by all, this ruler is known as She...She Who Must Be Obeyed.
She (Helen Gahagan) shows her ferocity not in a prehistoric jungle but in a variety of architectural wonders - art deco bedchambers and polished modernist temples combining ancient Egyptian design with pagan ritual and Busby Berkeley-style choreography. These audacious tableaux, combined with a show-stopping glacial avalanche and other remarkable special effects, backed by a dramatic score by Max Steiner (King Kong), make She a rare treasure worthy of H. Rider Haggard, upon whose novel the film was based.
- Remade in 1965.
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 61 ratings.