Peter, Paul and Mary See What Tomorrow Brings
LOW STOCK: Only 3 copies left
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$11.53 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$1.46 (11% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: July 23, 1991
- Originally Released: 1991
- Label: Warner Bros / WEA
- 1.If I Were Free
- 2.Betty And Dupree
- 3.The Rising Of The Moon
- 4.Early Mornin' Rain
- 5.Jane, Jane
- 6.Because All Men Are Brothers
- 8.Brother, (Buddy) Can You Spare A Dime?
- 9.The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face
- 10.Tryin' To Win
- 11.On A Desert Island (With You In My Dreams)
- 12.The Last Thing On My Mind
Peter, Paul And Mary: Peter Yarrow, Paul Stookey, Mary Travers (vocals).
Recorded at Bell Sound Studios, Inc., New York City.
See What Tomorrow Brings is a strong album that plays to the strengths of Peter, Paul, & Mary. There is a good variety of material within their folk format, and a nice esprit de corps that pervades the recording. All members sing lead, which brings a good balance to the proceedings. Worth noting are two early versions of Gordon Lightfoot's "Early Morning Rain" and Ewan MacColl's "The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face." Although there isn't one number that shouts instant classic, all cuts have something to recommend them. Lest we forget the trio's idealism, the opening song "If I Were Free" speaks to the hope of wars ending and the beginning of peaceful times. "Jane, Jane" and "Because All Men Are Brothers" show the group's gospel roots, while "The Rising of the Moon," an intense cut, has Irish music as its base. "Tryin' to Win" and "On a Desert Island" manifests the humorous side of the trio as they sing about real and imagined love relationships. Throughout the album, arrangements are tasteful, clean, and never obtrusive to the songs presented. All in all, this is a very good album that has variety, strong material, tasteful production, and a fine spirit that gives it a winning edge. ~ Michael Ofjord
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 11 ratings.
Based on 11 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists History of Rock (10-CD Set) ~ $19.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists KFRC 99.7FM - Motown, Soul & Rock 'N Roll: Rock 'N Roll (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists WJMK 104.3 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 60s (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Summer Hits: 47-Song Collection (3-CD) ~ $8.98 on SALE