Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young Deja Vu
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$13.81 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$3.27 (19% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: August 9, 1994
- Originally Released: 1994
- Label: Atlantic
Rolling Stone - 12/11/03, p.131Ranked #148 in Rolling Stone's "500 Greatest Albums Of All Time" - "Young's vision and guitar transformed the earlier folk-rock CSN into a rock & roll powerhouse."
- 1.Carry On
- 2.Teach Your Children
- 3.Almost Cut My Hair
- 6.Deja Vu
- 7.Our House
- 8.4 + 20
- 9.Country Girl Medley: Whiskey Boot Hill / Down, Down, Down / "Country Girl" (I Think You're Pretty)
- 10.Everybody I Love You
Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young: David Crosby, Graham Nash, Neil Young, Stephen Stills (various instruments).
Personnel: Neil Young (vocals, guitar, harmonica, piano, keyboards); Graham Nash, Stephen Stills (vocals, guitar, keyboards); David Crosby (vocals, guitar); Jerry Garcia (slide guitar, steel guitar); John Sebastian (autoharp, harmonica); Gregory Reeves (bass instrument); Dallas Taylor (drums, percussion); Greg Reeves (percussion).
Recording information: Wally Heiders Studio III, Los Angeles, CA.
Photographers: Henry Diltz; Tom Gundelfinger.
Crosby, Still, and Nash topped their enormously popular self-titled 1969 debut by adding Neil Young to their ranks and expanding their stylistic and sonic range. The result, released in 1970, was an artistic and commercial success, representing the talents of the four primary players to excellent effect. More ambitious and incisive than its CSN predecessor, DEJA VU brings together folk, psychedelia, jazz, African, and Middle Eastern flavors, Tin Pan Alley, and hard rock in a manner that captures the tenor of the era's counterculture without sounding dated.
The group's distinctively lush harmonies are spread across the album, notably on the record's two centerpieces--"Carry On," which segues into a chugging, percussion-fueled groove halfway through, and "Woodstock," the band's hard rock re-working of the Joni Mitchell tune. Elsewhere, the songs are stamped by individual personalities, as on David Crosby's driving "Almost Cut My Hair," Graham Nash's quaint "Our House," and Stephen Stills dark, folky "4+20." Young's aching, plaintive "Helpless" is one of the highlights here, as is Crosby's complex title cut (with its intricate rhythms and vocal arrangements). Though their time together was tumultuous and short-lived, CSNY were one of the most successful acts of the era, and DEJA VU finds them at their peak.
Woodstock: Music from the Original Soundtrack and More... (CD)
$24.66 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 145 ratings.
Based on 145 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 26,779
- UPC: 075678264924
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
The Very Best of Joan Armatrading [Universal International] (CD)
$9.90 Super Savings
- 3OH!3 Night Sports (CD) ~ $12.59
- 3OH!3 Omens (CD) ~ $9.71
- Yolanda Adams The Best of Me (CD) ~ $12.28
- Yolanda Adams Day by Day (CD) ~ $12.58
- Alt-J An Awesome Wave (CD) ~ $12.58
Top ranking titles in the Pop / Rock genre:
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - The 60's, Part 1 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - JukeBox Giants, Volume 1 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Top Hits of the 60s - Groovy Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Sounds of The Fabulous Fifties (Limited Distribution) (3-CD Box Set) ~ $9.98 on SALE