Peter, Paul and Mary LifeLines Live
|You Save:||$0.73 (5% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- by Peter, Paul and Mary ~ Carry It On [Box Set] (4-CD + DVD) ~ $57.79
- by Peter, Paul and Mary ~ In These Times ~ $10.43
- by Peter, Paul and Mary ~ Peter Paul and Mary with Symphony Orchestra: The Prague Sessions ~ $12.58
- by Peter, Paul and Mary ~ 25th Anniversary Concert ~ $13.10
- by Peter, Paul and Mary ~ The Very Best of Peter, Paul & Mary ~ $16.13
- Released: August 6, 1996
- Originally Released: 1996
- Label: Warner Bros / WEA
Down Beat - 11/96, p.613 Stars - Good - "This live collection of old and new tunes testifies that Yarrow, Stookey & Travers still reign as the preeminent folk trio..."
- 1.Babylon / Oh, Sinner Man
- 2.Wanderin' / Nobody Knows You When You're Down And Out
- 3.75 Septembers
- 5.The Times They Are A' Changin'
- 6.Old Enough (Ode To An Aging Rocker)
- 7.Home Is Where The Heart Is
- 8.The Great Mandala (The Wheel Of Life)
- 10.For The Love Of It All
- 11.Virtual Party (email@example.com)
- 12.House Of The Rising Sun
- 13.Freedom Medley: Set On Freedom / Oh Freedom / This Train / Twelve Gates To The City / I'm Gonna' Lay
- 14.The Kid
- 15.Sweet Survivor
- 16.River Of Jordan - (with Dave Van Ronk / John Sebastian / Tom Paxton / Richie Havens / Susan Werner / Odetta / Bu
LIFELINES LIVE features songs from the WNET public television special "Great Performances".
Peter, Paul & Mary: Peter Yarrow, Noel Paul Stookey (vocals, guitar); Mary Travers (vocals).
Additional personnel: Dave Van Ronk, Tom Paxton, Richie Havens, Susan Werner, Odetta, Buddy Mondlock, Ronnie Gilbert, Fred Hellerman (vocals); Paul Prestopino (guitar, mandolin, banjo, dobro); John Sebastian (harmonica); Doug Katsaros (keyboards); Dick Kniss (bass); Bashiri Johnson (percussion).
Recorded live at Sony Studios, New York City, New York.
Peter, Paul & Mary's 1995 album LifeLines Live was a kind of "duet" album that found them sharing microphones with such mentors as the surviving Weavers, such contemporaries as Judy Collins, and such descendants as John Gorka, performing a set of old favorites and a few new songs. In January 1996, the trio staged a TV concert at Sony Studios in New York where they reassembled some of the original guest stars with a few substitutions. The result was one of the more impressive video performances of the year. LifeLines Live is a soundtrack album to the TV special, and if it's less interesting than the broadcast version, that's only because there is a certain redundancy: One already has access to the original album, which is largely replicated in a concert setting. Eleven of the earlier album's 15 tracks are here again, albeit with different personnel in some cases. Ramblin' Jack Elliott's place in "Deportee" has been taken by the equally pleasing Tom Paxton; Christian singer Susan Werner accompanies Noel Paul Stookey on his inspirational song "For the Love of It All" instead of Emmylou Harris; Odetta duets with Mary Travers on "House of the Rising Sun" instead of B.B. King; Buddy Mondlock joins the trio on his composition "The Kid"; and "The Great Mandala" no longer features Carly and Lucy Simon (though Richie Havens remains), while Travers essays "Home Is Where the Heart Is" without the help of Holly Near. Along with Havens, Dave Van Ronk, Ronnie Gilbert, Fred Hellerman, and John Sebastian are back from the first recording. The songs new to the live disc include favorites such as "Stewball" and "The Times They Are A-Changin'," though Stookey introduces a new novelty tune, the crowd-pleasing "Virtual Party," which is as current as the Internet. Throughout, the trio is typically warm and fervent, and the audience is enthusiastic, but as an album within the group's catalog, the recording is more a marketing tie-in than an essential addition. ~ William Ruhlmann
Ten Years Together: The Best of Peter, Paul and Mary (CD)(78)
$8.51 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 2 ratings.
Based on 2 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
American Folksay Ballads And Dances, Volumes 5-6 / Chain... (CD)(4)
$2.98 on SALE
Best of Chicago Garage Bands - The Quill Records Story (CD)(14)
99¢ on SALE
WCBS FM101.1 - Motown, Soul & Great Rock 'N Roll: Rock 'N... (CD)(5)
$4.98 on SALE